Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Great For You Sad For Me!!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2618 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2014  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you do not want to count those wheat cents sell them by weight.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7649 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  10:25 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need better pics and pics of the actual items you're selling...http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-random-wh...em338d4535ea
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see OP's new auction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-random-wh...em338d4535ea

Unfortunately nearly none of this threads advise was used when creating this second listing either. If I was a buyer I'd skip over this listing in a matter of seconds due to:

1.) Non-clear blurry pictures

2.) Conflicting pictures with description. AM I bidding on two coins? All the coins in the picture? Three coins? Keep it clear an concise.

3.) Typos and UPPER CASE text. Lack of proper punctuation. Confusing description. It's honestly hard to read. The description should not read like a txt message from a 12 year-old girl.

4.) You're showing a pic and letting people know they can contact you about any certain coins they see. The problem is, I can't see what any of the coins are. I can maybe make out some modern coinage, but I can't see and years/MM's. No one's going to contact you if they can't see anything.

5.) It's confusing if there's error coins involved or not.

6.) IF you're really selling 3 coins you should have 6 pictures. One from the front/rear of each coin in very high detail where you can see what the actual coin is. No one is going to bid if they can't see what they're bidding on. They're not just going to take your word for it.

7.) If you're selling to key dates or something , let the bidder know what they are. Just saying that they're on some top25 list means nothing.

Respectfully there is just too much wrong with the listing to ever attract bidders. Normally I would say your starting bid is too high and you'd want to start a lot lower to help start a little bidding war, but in this case it's a good thing because if by chance someone actually did bid on this they'll probably win it with their first bid. If you're looking for a certain price I might suggest a Buy It Now listing. Before there's any bidders on this you might want to take the opportunity to revamp your listing a little. Best of luck!
Edited by trent
04/10/2014 10:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm truly sorry for your situation and wish you the best of luck.

And like everyone else, I'm really not trying to sound harsh or rude and I feel horrible even saying it... But I have to agree with everyone, the way your presenting these listings they're not going to even be taken seriously, let alone sell, it just screams scam. I mean, again, no offense but even with the "possible" errors I don't see anything close to $2500. And you have to remember that error collectors are specialized collectors, you'd be better off listing each error separately and the normal key dates separately.. Because for me personally I'd be interested in the keys and normal coins but the majority of errors mean nothing to me.

In your original listing not only do you not list exactly what the seller is going to get which will immediately turn people off to the listing. It you have a few coins listed as included that don't even exist, lol. For instance what's a 3 cent penny? Or a walking liberty dime? And it includes "virtually" every key wheat... Like which ones exactly? That's whats going to get someone's attention... Is the '09-S VDB and '14-D included?

And with your new listing.... Where do I start... It doesn't even say what they're buying... "2 rare wheat cents".... "Top 25"... Lol, I mean that doesn't mean anything to me, lol. If it said "1909-S VDB and 1914-D" or "2 1955 double dies" and had good pics it's sell in an instant. But you don't even show what the just would be getting.. Just that they're on the top 25 list.. Which again doesn't mean anything to me. Nobody's going to risk $200 on that. I thought it was eBay policy that you actually had to show a photo of the actual item? You show your collection.... Not what they're buying? again, no offense but it screams scam.

Really, to get the most out of this you should sell the rare coins individually... And the errors individually... And at least list what they're actually getting and post good pics.

Edited to add- the coin trackers site is a horrible reference, because the values it shows for it's "top 25" lists don't distinguish by grade and seem to be for the highest grades available... Not common circulated coins. For instance, #25, a 1922 d wheat, while in MS or higher grade may be worth almost $200, if you click on it it says in circulated condition it's more like $20... So again, $2500 seems way out of the ballpark for the value of the group. And $200 for 2 random coins from the list is crazy without knowing exactly what coin and the grade... If it was 2 1922-D's in circulated condition it'd b worth more like $40... Not the $400 you say.
And $5 shipping for two wheats?
Edited by NathanASE
04/10/2014 11:52 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that it is over FOLLOW THE ADVICE of the members.
Small groups of higher priced coins, with clear pictures, are needed.
These same pictures will document a recovery case at a later date.
The price realized and the buyer's name and address should be included along with dates.
A police restraining order to keep ex away from you and your family would be advisable.
Just in case you proceed with the suit earlier.
Keep us up to date and let us know where to find you on eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7649 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and big no no to post a pic of somebody else's coin because it's similar to yours. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1847-Large-...047675.l2557
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keepcalmandcoinon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The fact that you followed up one shady listing with another just proves you are a scam artist trying to make money off of other people's sympathy. You didn't take any of our advice, probably because you really don't have anything of significant value. I have no sympathy for you and I hope someone will do the right thing and report your listing for the scam it is. And I agree with your title, this is sad.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin is perfect in every sence sense of the word but one scratch on cheek. But honestly its it's perfect. NO WARE WEAR ANYWHERE! I even had a hard time locating a good enough condition coin to put up do to my crappy camra. New one just ordered lol from eBay since the one I just got yesterday was ran over.......
The photo shown is a stock image. The winning bidder will receive a coin of similar quality.

NOTES:
-No return policy
-No shipping restrictions
-Saying 'No Wear' anywhere puts you in murky waters. The winning bidder might be looking for a perfect MS70 coin.

EDIT: I now see someone took the Buy It Now option. I hope all works out well for both the seller and the buyer.
EDIT2: eBay feedback: "Seller resolved mistake with friendly correspondence. Thank you."
Edited by trent
04/10/2014 1:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This coin is perfect in every sence of the word but one scratch on cheek. But honestly its perfect NO WARE ANYWHERE! I even had a hard time locating a good enough condition coin to put up do to my crappy camra. New one just ordered lol from eBay since the one I just got yesterday was ran over.......

So no ware (wear) anywhere, but you list it as an EF? Wouldn't no ware (wear) make it an MS coin? Ya .... Stock images are a horrible idea. Honestly I'm glad to see that in the feedback that the buyer returned it, as the description was quite misleading and hard to catch that you used stock images. So on top of everything else "going on" right now your camera was also ran over recently? Hmmm sounds good... Almost too good... Or rather... bad...
What is going on here?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rupester to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread is so dark.. I sure hope the best..as a fellow coin collector who buys coins on eBay..this is just not cool at all.. You should back up 15 and punt and take some of the awesome advice the obviously well experienced members have posted on here. This is just my two cents.. Your creating a storm...
Valued Member
United States
281 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jamesd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dude stop, either show us what you got or stop trying to scam people. If you are not scamming then show us what you got.
Valued Member
United States
281 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jamesd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry to say this but after this posting I am questioning the 1992 CAM he found and then was stolen. Just saying.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rupester to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish a admin could just thump this thread... Night night
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05