Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

May 2014 Releases

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 165 / Views: 19,427Next Topic
Page: of 11
Valued Member
Canada
233 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2014  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TIPIT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mintage 200,000 for the new 20$ for 20$, down from 225,000, which was already reduced from 250,000.

Obviously, with the new 100for100 and 50for50, the market is not as high for the 20s.
Valued Member
Canada
405 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2014  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sherwooddavid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that the "Summertime" $20 for $20 ? I haven't seen it yet.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1032 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2014  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That "Summertime" 20 for 20 is pretty fugly. Link to colonial acres on page 10, thanks silveroid. I like the idea of 2 full sets, but this one is pushing that to the limit.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
867 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2014  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NuMoosematist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From CC-Ottawa: .
Quote:
..The rep e-mail had the same. 8500 for silvers and 3000 for gold and platinum...

Thanks for clearing up the Eagle mintage mystery.

I didn't think to check my rep's email.

Anyway as I previously indicated I will not be buying any of the Eagles. I was just curious.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
630 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2014  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EAGLE Overkill - there has been 12 different offerings of this feathered heavyweight in the last 16 months including the inner eagle image within the seven sacred teachings series from the Mint.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4462 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2014  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that there has been an inordinately large number of Bald Eagle coins released by the RCM over the past 15 or so months. I think they've hit the saturation point with collectors.

I haven't bought them all, but I did pick up last year's four-coin silver $20 series along with the $100-for-$100 coin. They work well together as a set.

From this latest release, I went only with the traditional proof coin "Bald Eagle with Fish."

Any future releases will really have to "Wow!" me to get me to make a purchase.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
630 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2014  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no doubt about the popularity of eagle coins...both in Canada and the USA...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4462 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2014  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My "Bald Eagle w/ Fish" coin arrived today. I like it!

My image doesn't capture the rippling water of the lake very well, but hopefully it gives a decent sense of the overall attractiveness of the coin.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6623 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2014  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin, commems! Congrats for great addition to the Eagle collection. Now, when you have it in hand, how it is comparable to the 4-th coin in th Eagle set?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4462 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2014  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Silveroid: Are you referring to last year's "Returning from the Hunt" coin?

If so, I think it complements that coin well. I see the new coin as the "before" view - before the eagle can successfully return from its hunt, it needs to capture something! The new coin shows the capture - I think I'll call it "Capturing the Prey" vs. the RCM's "Eagle with Fish" moniker. My name has more style and panache!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
6623 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2014  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you referring to last year's "Returning from the Hunt" coin?

yes, correct.

Thanks for description. And enjoy them!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6623 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
6 years ago here we spoke about 2014 NZ Steamboat Willie

Yes, this is not RCM release, but the coin was popular at the time, while RCM's Looney Tunes weren't all.

So now in 2020 NZ Mint suddenly(?) re-minting the Steamboat Willie with the 2020 year of issue and limited mintage of 1928.

Good practice?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4462 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO, the NZ Mint reducing the mintage by over 80% for the 2020 Mickey Mouse re-issue paints an unflatteringly clear picture of today's NCLT coin marketplace. The 2014 coin was struck by the Perth Mint of Australia and had a maximum mintage of 10,000; the 2020 coin appears to have actually been struck by the NZ Mint. Makes me wonder if there are minor differences in the coins?

For its own sake, I hope the NZ Mint doesn't re-issue all of it previous Disney coins - that would just compound a bad decision! (And create a long list of additional Disney coins from Niue!)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
6623 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Commems, for reply and thoughts.

I did have 2014 and sold it, thinking, that I not interested anymore in pop-culture coins...
With new limited mintage I might want it again, but re-strike of actually relatively recent coin, idea bothers me.

I think, the 2014 coin was also for Niue, struck by NZ Mint as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4462 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think, the 2014 coin was also for Niue, struck by NZ Mint as well.

Yes, it was branded and sold by the NZ Mint back in 2014, but the NZ Mint didn't actually strike all of the coins it sold. The Mickey coin for Niue was struck by the Perth Mint for the NZ Mint.

Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 165 / Views: 19,427Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05