Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Sicily Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,068Next Topic  
New Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  3:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dandan1983 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Anyone able to help me out I have little idea about coins. This was my dads who I believe found it about 40 years ago as he used to do a lot of digging / searching.

I've spend hours searching and the closest match is Sicily but I can't find who the face is. I'd love to know if anyone has any ideas, am I close?

Sicily-Coin?

Sicily-Coin?
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community

Sorry to tell you that this is a cast copy of a coin from Naxos and Messana mixed.
New Member
United Kingdom
2 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dandan1983 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is good to know I have a fairly useful paper weight :) In the bin it goes!
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,068Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums