Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Curious What CCFmembers Think Their Coin Collection Is Worth

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  9:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
Just your best guess, What do you think your coin collection is really worth if you tried to sell it?

Poll Choices
 $500,000+
 $250,000-$499,999
 $100,000-$249,999
 $50,000-$99,999
 $25,000-$49,999
 $10,000-$24,999
  Less than $10,000

Edited by Mr Click
06/22/2014 9:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rupester to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One billion dollars! Errrr anyway!! To me the intrinsic value and numismatic values aside...priceless it took me til my third collection to discover what I like and how I like it!! And now I have my hobby shoes on and collect exactly what I want and how I want it thats makes it priceless and if it goes how I want one day in the year...well later in this century all of our kids will be on here talking about the coin collections left to them by all of us and the legacy of our past lives on in the future!
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rupester, I like that thought. My kids will inherit quite a collection!!
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right O.P., you forgot option "D"

"priceless"
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I left it out on purpose because everybody thinks their collection is priceless to a certain extent.
Edited by Mr Click
06/22/2014 9:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5417 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zxcccxz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest this thread is kinda pointless since posting the value of your collection online honestly is not safe and anyone smart will either write an incorrect answer or not answer at all. But I voted for you in the anonymous poll
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know what my collection is worth and someday I am sure my children will "cash out", but in the meantime, I never tell them what it is worth.

My Father always said " The secret to a long life is to never be worth more dead than you are alive "
Pillar of the Community
United States
9189 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping my collection will someday be worth what I paid for it...
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Call me paranoid, but I do not like to disclose quantity or value of my collection to anyone except my wife.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not enough options for "below $10,000"...!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should do a poll to see what percentage of total assets one's collection is.
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My answer.....a little over melt! Kind of a newbie.
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2014  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm hoping my collection will someday be worth what I paid for it...

same here
Pillar of the Community
United States
1388 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2014  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Call me paranoid, but I do not like to disclose quantity or value of my collection to anyone except my wife.

I don't think you are paranoid enough....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2422 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2014  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to break down "Less than $10,000" into smaller numbers Numismatic value may be small right now but I'm kind of attached to them so I don't want to let them go now unless you pay a lot!
Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6329 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2014  03:12 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I sold it to Richard Lobel at Coincraft and he offered me half the prices he sells coins for, I reckon my collection would be worth over £100,000... But somehow I don't think he'd pay me £17.25 for a date set of average circulated George V pennies (no H's or KN's and no 1926 Modified Effigy)
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05