Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What To Search Next?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2014  8:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add socceraustin23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I just recently finished my Jefferson nickel folders and am wondering what folders to start next and would like some suggestions. Pennies, more nickel folders, dimes, quarters, halves? What do you guys thinks open to anything. Thanks, and enjoy the hunt!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2014  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You search whatever interests you! You can get all sorts of answers but only you know what interests you and what your budget may be.. I would like to hear what you decide though... I always enjoy seeing others progress :)
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2014  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add socceraustin23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a bunch of different folders started kennedys, pennies, dimes, and quarters I really am up for anything I think I'm leaning toward doing Roosevelt dime folders I already have some silvers from searching. However I'm still up for everyones opinions
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
837 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2014  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaytR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say pennies , since you can realistically find some very nice older ones going back decades ......just think of all that potential and how fun it would be and not mention the feeling of holding bronze
Pillar of the Community
United States
898 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2014  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add duncanbishop24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickels and dimes are fun. Halves might be more of a pain searching since most banks don't have a lot on hand but you might get more silver.

I would say cents or dimes next. I sort of just have all my folders going at the same time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2014  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started with halves and then fell into cents for 2 reasons.. Might be same reason you went nickels. 1) it's very common to find pre-65 cents (quarters, dimes, etc it's few and far between).. Can even find 100+ year old coins regularly. 2) a box is $25 for 2500 potential gems to sift through.

Cons: $75-100 in cents can accumulate quickly and dumping all that at once takes some muscle

For me I think dimes might be next, I do search nickels but in 10-20 roll clips once a month or so. Go for what you like and if you made the wrong choice move onto next and in a few years when you go back to those folders you might be surprised.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2014  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centurion to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With Roosevelt dimes, you can realistically find all (or most) of the non-silver(post-1965)dates in circulation. The Statehood Quarters album should be relatively easy to fill, as would the Lincoln Memorial set. Whatever you choose, Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2014  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Francium8787 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pennies, There are still flying eagle out there
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05