Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Explain Your Username And Its Significance.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite disappointed 'january1may', I thought the "1 May" would refer directly to the International Labour Day and not to a metro station named in it's honour.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16623 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another 'play on words':
what if Janurary 1 may not?
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still waiting for you Top Cat.
Dying to see what you have to show us.
Pillar of the Community
1106 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topcat7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, A.M., 'You Asked for It', (a good name for a T.V. show).

In the early 60's, we dragged my father screaming and kicking, (we screamed, he kicked), to the Television stand at the Royal Easter Show. We told him that we wanted one and that we weren't going to get back into the car until he had 'signed up' for one.
(He bought an MRI Mandate, 23 inch, in a solid Mahogany case. Boy, was it a true furniture piece.)

In those days Television was one channel and it was Black and White. It started broadcasting at 3:00 pm and finished around 10:00 pm with advertisements on every second day and NEVER on a Sunday.

There were a number of cartoon shows (mostly from the house of Hanna-Barbera) being 'Huckleberry Hound', Quick-Draw McGraw', 'The Flintstones', 'The Jetsons', 'Yogi Bear', and my personal favourite 'Top Cat'.

At the age we were, then, (13-14 years old) we hung around in 'gangs' (see West Side Story), and we all had chosen names. As I was the (sort of) leader of the gang, it was an obvious choice for me.

The name sort of followed me, after that, and like the cat, it has had at least nine lives, since. The latest 'resurrection' being for CCF. (And, YES, I do have the boxed set of 30 T.V. episodes of the show. My kids loved it, too.)

Edited by Topcat7
01/25/2015 10:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I knew I would enjoy your story, and I did !
Is that you T.C. in the pic ?
Pillar of the Community
1106 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topcat7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that is me, complete with my Tony Curtis haircut. (A little more hair in those days.)
Edited by Topcat7
01/25/2015 10:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know the feeling , premature baldness runs in my family
Any reason why Top Cat was your personal favorite T.C. ?
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pishpash were are you hiding ?
Pillar of the Community
1106 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topcat7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I never gave much thought to 'Why'? If I had to guess, I would say that it was because he was a sort of an 'anti-hero', despite his good intentions.

He had great difficulty exercising control over his 'gang' but he regularly put one over poor 'Officer Dibble'. He was the 'Fonz' of the cat world.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05