Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Clashed Die (1st Stage Before A Counter Clash)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 2,225Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2015  9:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jake the Dog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pulled out some coins I have had since 2000. I pulled this one in upstate NY when I was getting reinterested in coins while in college. Forgot about a few 2000-P Roosevelt clashed dies I found back then (the unposed one was a earlier die state of ADC-10c-2000-02). I believe this is the first clash mark of CCL(TI)-10c-2000-01 before the follow up clash\counter clash occurred. Been seeing lotsa clashes on here recently so I figured you guys would enjoy this.

Edited by Jake the Dog
05/18/2015 10:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2015  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes thank you. That's a nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1732 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2015  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add koinpro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have images of the Counter-Clash? Neat Clash here.
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2015  05:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jake the Dog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This link should take you to the Counter Clash.
http://www.maddieclashes.com/cclti-10c-2000-01/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1856 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2015  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have a great clash there!
I don't think it's part of the event that created the clash you have referenced. Note the vertical line in front of the eye on your coin. The coins, yours and the one you referenced , we're oriented differently with their opposing dies when their clashes happened .
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2015  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jake the Dog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think your right, I was focusing on the placement of the clashed U from PLURIBUS, and this was the closest match I saw on the website.
Pillar of the Community
United States
526 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2015  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BJ Neff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does appear to be ADC-10c-2000P-02.

Thanks. BJ Neff
Edited by BJ Neff
05/22/2015 12:51 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 2,225Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05