Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Basic Values Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 803Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
449 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  6:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nybird to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Someone offered me $575 for 50 rolls of uncirculated State Quarters (1 per state) and one roll of silver dimes. I had them on craigslist for $650. Should I go for it or wait. We are moving and they are heavy.

This is not an ad. I am just seeking value advice. I got these from dads estate. I collect Canadian coins. Ed
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11935 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are the quarter rolls, mint wrapped or bank wrapped?

They may be a few rolls I would keep if they were mint wrapped.

But in most cases, it would be hard to get over face value.

If you really want the money ...take the deal.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Considering that you can take the quarters to any bank for $500, I'd just hang on for at least $600 considering that you are including a roll of silver dimes too.

But when it is time to move, sometimes you have to do less wonderful things.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50483 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely.
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nybird to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question about who rolled them. About half are rolled in an orange and white wrapper. The other half are in clear plastic. My dad went to the bank and got full rolls as they were released. So basically full rolls are worth pretty close to face. I just want to make sure I am not selling way to cheap. +\- $25 is fine. Money in hand is worth something. Ed
Edited by nybird
07/08/2015 7:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$500 for $500 in quarters and $5 silver x 15 = 575... Pretty much the offer is face value on the quarters and junk silver price on dimes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9013 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone's offering you face value + $75 for a roll of (unspecified) silver Dimes?

I'd take it. But then again...

(Ever try schlepping around 50 rolls of quarters?)

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2015  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nybird to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll take it. Ed
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 803Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 16.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05