Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Domitian Quadrans. Rhinoceros

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 2,578Next Topic  
Valued Member

335 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2015  6:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add imperator to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
DOMITIAN AE quadrans. Rhinoceros advancing left, head down. Colosseum opening commemorative. Spectacular little Rhino

DOMITIAN AE orichalcum quadrans. Struck circa 83 AD. Rhinoceros walking left. Reverse - IMP DOMIT AVG GERM around SC. 16mm, 2.2g.

An excellent rhinoceros, one of the nicest examples I've seen. Quadrantes were very rarely struck on yellow orichalcum

Edited by imperator
07/18/2015 07:19 am
Valued Member
335 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2015  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add imperator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
would be nice someone shows a beter one!!
Edited by imperator
07/17/2015 7:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2015  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would kill for that coin!
Valued Member
335 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2015  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add imperator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not me mate
Edited by imperator
07/17/2015 7:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6813 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2015  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know nothing about these coins ... but do appreciate the knowledge and dedication to acquire them.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1294 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2015  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin.

I wish I could show one in any condition.
Learn More...
United States
22981 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2015  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've only seen pictures of this coin, now I've seen the real thing. Very nice coin.
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2015  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numisart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin. I have one with the darkest green patina.
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2015  02:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great coin, that rhino is very cool
Valued Member
335 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2015  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add imperator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all
Pillar of the Community
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2015  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuy1530 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doubt you'll see much of a better one. That's a fantastic piece.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3146 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2015  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coin. I have so few early small bronzes !
In this condition they cost more than their big brothers.
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 2,578Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05