Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Pretty Sure This Is Illegal. Counterfeit Bills On Ebay.

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
6365 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  10:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found these Chinese-printed counterfeit bills on eBay. Though they have an unmistakable overprint (I think), buy they could still be very deceptive. Report?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lots-of-100...em3aae81de73

He also sells counterfeit bills from other countries.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn...S0&_nkw=1000
Edited by TypeCoin971793
07/25/2015 6:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
1153 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CSOTUS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what the Chinese characters on the front and back say?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I reported. Everyone should. This junk actually does get pulled if enough people report.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2422 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Mandarin reading is rusty but I ran the words through a translator and the red characters read "lin g#333;ng qun", it means "practise (in terms of a skill) certificate/ticket". The ones under it read "pio yng" which means "ticket/bill sample/type".
Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
United States
972 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never trust anything from China...it's bogus. Save your money and go elsewhere.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1280 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Calzone, the question wasn't wether it was bogus, that was obvious, and no one mentioned even the thought of buying. The question was and still is, are these legal to be sold and/or owned in the US. My belief is no, as they are the same size as real notes and it is illegal to even print a picture of any US money if the picture isn't significantly smaller or larger than real life. (I seem to remember at least two thirds larger or smaller. Does that sound right to anyone?)
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20400 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I reported the seller and bought a pack of ones to see if they're all marked.
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reproductions must be either less than 3/4 of normal size or more than 1-1/2 normal size. I didn't see size mentioned anywhere in the ebay description. It will be interesting to see what size they really are when they come in.
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperGrafx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've reported him regardless.
These Chinese counterfeiters will do anything for easy money
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cderksen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have asked my local police station about the traing notes.
Two officers asked me why I would want to own them, but could note tell my if they are legal in canada.
I thought it would be great to use for poker night.
Never bought any, did not feel it would be worth the risk.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6365 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After looking at multiple listings from different sellers, all the bills of the same denomination have the same serial number.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20400 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With coins, when copies were allowed, the Chinese would picture a coin with "Copy" on it, but would send unmarked coins. I'm curious if I'm going to get a stack of plain old counterfeit dollar bills.
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2015  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Missouriblue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I was working in Beijing there was a large building with several hundred stalls. It was all bills and coins. I can remember seeing a bucket of Buffalo nickles in one of the stalls. All fake. You had to be very careful of what you was buying.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6365 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2015  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That listing was nuked, but the alternate items shown in its place show some from other sellers who are selling these.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2015  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just "screen-saved" four. Photos that I need to crop before sending to the BEP to ask if this is legal to own...
I could find personal uses for these, like playing card games with my grandchildren, or with adults and substitute these with real money in States where it is illegal to Gamble...
Currently the price is to high for fake money.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6384 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2015  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm slightly surprised that this seller is still promoting fake Bank of England fifty pound notes with the Houblon design, as these are no longer legal tender. The Bank of England will still change them, but they would examine them very carefully if you tried to change any. On the other hand, five pound notes get scruffy very quickly and I can well imagine one of those fakes being accepted in a badly lit pub or club...
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05