Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 Constitution Dollars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
611 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2015  12:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Came across this roll at the fleamarket yesterday. Is this an original roll ? Would it be wise to crack the roll and look for any varieties or just leave it be? Thanks all.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4230 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2015  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's an original from banks, look for thin planchet or upset dies, off strikes, only worth a buck other wise. Must ask what's a roll worth now?
Edited by john100
11/16/2015 12:48 pm
Learn More...
Canada
8350 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2015  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I crack everyone one I find... I once found a blank nickel dollar planchet in one...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
611 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2015  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I opened this roll and came across 3 dollars that had a different look to them. Here are some pictures , is there anything special here ?

This one I do not know.

Lump in window?

Maybe struck through hair?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
896 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2015  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am guessing an action sequence, you can see the;

1. Rock coming towards the window
2. Rock hitting the window
3. Broken window

Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2015  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a roll of these but broke it open because I heard that some had a Medal die rotation, no luck for me but maybe that's something you could check them for.
Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2015  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penny guy 1 cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a role of these in my safe, They are not worth more in the bank roll?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4230 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2015  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crack it open and look for the major errors, if none it's worth a buck each
Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2015  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penny guy 1 cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well here is the first one I found. The beads are almost not visible. Looking for more

Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2015  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penny guy 1 cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A large crack in the glass.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
667 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2015  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
penny guy 1 cent I like the last one and it's in a prominent place on the coin.
Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check mine also.

Cheers, Bill
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05