Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yugoslavian Gold Coin/Medal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
207 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2016  12:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nelson9225 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
good day all
i picked up this gold coin from an online auction for about $200
can anyone tell me what it was produced for and what is the meaning behind it
it weighs 7.98 gramsand is .900 fine gold
thank you all in advance

Edited by nelson9225
08/17/2016 12:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4871 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2016  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't find a single thing myself, strange. Might be from the 1972 Olympics that one of the athletes received as a medal for their work? Don't know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=197...dyqeDf-m4TjM:

Only pic I can find from an old eBay auction, might very well be the one you purchased.
Valued Member
207 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2016  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nelson9225 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you
I know I've been all over the internet for this one
I saw the e bay post but when you go there it's not there.
I bought this in an on line Canadian auction
the only thing I found is that the Yugoslav gov. gave out national hero medals since 1951. they have only given out just over 1100 so I think it's pretty rare.
I bought a book on Amazon for Yugoslavian coinage and medals to date. I'm hoping to find it in there.
thanks for your help
Edited by nelson9225
08/19/2016 09:41 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05