Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Low Print Run Star Notes ($1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100)...

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Germany
57 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2016  4:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add American Abroad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I had a streak of good karma or just luck and I found these 15 star notes in 5 straps (C Philadelphia) at work. They are 1 of 150,000 F Atlanta and considered a very low run. I am assuming the value once they are graded is somewhere around 150-200. I am not concerned about value because I am not selling them and I like having them in my star note collection. Is this too high of an estimate? I can't find any evidence of them at auction houses or on eBay. I collect on my Youtube channel American Abroad and post what I find searching cash at work and what I purchase. I will respect the 50 posts before links are allowed, but I like to share my collection with anyone who is interested in fancy serial numbers (stars, ect). Good luck finding those notes especially those shiny stars.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2488 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2016  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find @American Abroad, and welcome to CCF.

A print run of 150,000 is a low print run, and the only print runs lower for series 2013 $1's is run #1 San Francisco (L*) for 80,000 notes, and run #3 Atlanta (F*) for 100,000.

Are all of them uncirculated, and any reason you would want 15 examples ?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44902 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2016  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would like to contribute, but can't because my stars pre-date the era when their runs were recorded separately.

Anyway -

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32015 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2016  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Just wondering where in Germany you work to get U.S. currency?
Is 150,000 considered a low run with star notes? They print a whole lot less star notes then non star notes.
John 1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Germany
57 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2016  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add American Abroad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome messages. All of them are UNC. I took them out and put them in holders straight away. Why don't I sell some? Because I am a little bit greedy. I work at a small currency exchange office. I hope that if no one else finds them in this condition the more value they will have eventually. As time goes on the ones in circulation will be eventually destroyed (shredded). I don't need the money right now (thank God), but who knows, the social security system and retirement system is on shaky ground right now because of Merkel's politics (the liablites are only exponentially increasing due to migrants entering the country who get everything for free), and if there is no more retirement fund, then I might need them to put food on the table.
Edited by American Abroad
11/19/2016 6:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44902 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2016  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are indeed a nice stash, but don't quit your day job!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1307 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2016  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is 150,000 considered a low run with star notes?

640,000 is the most notes a run can have to be considered "low". Most runs are 3.2 million or 6.4 million. Runs of quantity 3.2 and 6.4 million are kept in straps after printing and used to replace errors found after cutting. An entire strap of non-star notes that contains even one error is replaced with a strap of star notes from high runs.

Runs of 640,000 and less are kept as sheets and used to replace defective sheets found before cutting but after serialling. This means low run stars are more difficult to find (especially in a group of sequential notes) as they occur pretty randomly and I think less likely to be saved in Mint condition compared to the high-run stars, which can be found in sequential straps relatively easily.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2488 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2016  06:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the lowest print runs in recent memory....32K

Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2016  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hydrogohard to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from a run size of 500k

Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2016  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both have a run size of 320K (found this past summer in circulation)

Pillar of the Community
Germany
645 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2016  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hajduk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SteveInTampa.
The $1 New York Stars were 8.992.000 total printed.

Pillar of the Community
Germany
645 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2016  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hajduk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Germany
645 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2016  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hajduk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are collector issues.
Each of them were 16.000 times printed.

Pillar of the Community
Germany
645 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2016  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hajduk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The $2 Millennium collector issue.
Each of them were 9.999 times printed.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2488 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2016  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Low print run of 640,000

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44902 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2016  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet!
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05