Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone seen 2016 Regular Loonies in circulation yet  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canada
29 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2016  11:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PennyBox to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Now that it has been confirmed that the mint has issued release of the 2016 loonies, was wondering if anyone has seen any in circulation yet.
I know a dealer is selling them but I have yet to see any in circulation in my area.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3098 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2016  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out Canacoins post under
"Post your Canadian circulation finds"
Valued Member
Canada
356 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2016  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a circulation find post recently where one was found...

i broke down and bought some from a roll - I am confident these were released for circulation.
My "want" list is HERE
Canada
29 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2016  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PennyBox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I can determine the 2016 loonies were only released for circulation from the mint in Oct of 2016 so it may take some time for them to show up in circulation.
Valued Member
Canada
356 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2016  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the post I mentioned earlier (I haven't actually figured out how to properly quote a post here c/w pictures ect);
http://goccf.com/t/122272&whichpage=43#2327751
My "want" list is HERE
Edited by unruhjonny
12/06/2016 3:10 pm
Valued Member
Canada
91 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rusty_f to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It took a year, but I picked this one out of the wild today.

Thinking I would never get one I had bought 4 from Colonial Acres about a year ago. Happy to find this one! I don’t know if anyone else has found any?
Canada
22 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sam in markham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there are a whole bunch
here in to area
Valued Member
Canada
131 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizard1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tons in gta circulation
Valued Member
Canada
91 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rusty_f to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. Nothing special then.
Valued Member
Canada
356 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing some localities didn't get them;
It reads like in some areas these are plentiful.

I intend to do some roll hunting to see what I get, but to date I still haven't seen a single one in the wild... but maybe I'm not out there spending enough money!?

I await the 2018 RCM report to see if the mintage is adjusted to reflect 2017 loons/circulation dollars being struck during the 2016 calender year - as this seems to have been the case for recent years.
My "want" list is HERE
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robinkar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had these same coins on my list for quite some time. Only recently have started seeing them in my change. When receiving change for a purchase, I am now asking not to receive small bills but rather the change in coins. Got one just yesterday. Happy that my new strategy worked at least this one time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2902 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've found 21 in circulation so far.
Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
robinkar- I put together my first loonie set the same way you are doing. Enjoy.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
586 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wilsonwu89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't they say these were going to be low mintage?

The Walmart I work at had brand new rolls of 2016s. I bought one, forgetting that these were supposed to be "low mintage"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6821 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought some from a dealer a while back because I hadn't found any. Now, a year later, I found three in the last two weeks.
Valued Member
Canada
253 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  11:42 am  Show Profile   Check Andy888's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there are some out there but they are tough to find VS most other dates.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05