Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017-P OBW Lincoln Rolls ?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6688 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  4:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm having a hard time finding banks that have these rolls . Anyone know what banks on the East coast would have them ? Only looking to pick up about 10 rolls .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Druu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still no luck for me. I stopped by a grocery store bank for five bucks in cents today and ended up with two shiny new rolls.. of 2016. I'm up to twelve of those now. Haven't seen any 2017 coins yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:32 am  Show Profile   Check flag4's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No luck here either. I was in Philly on Tuesday and stopped by the mint to see if they had any available in the gift shop, but no luck. They ship them out to the reserve banks for distribution.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:34 am  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANA Member since 12/2015
Pillar of the Community
United States
2854 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I see the selling prices are starting to become more realistic now.

I see where some of the first boxes sold brought over $600.00.

Some people have more money than they have brains I guess.

Kind of reminds me of the Christmas gift fads that come out each year where a common toy sells for hundreds of dollars before Christmas and causes fights in mall parking lots, then is virtually worthless the day after.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6688 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah , I'll wait to get mine at face . Hope I don't miss the boat . I wonder what the total mintage will be on those ''P'' mints.
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tornandfrayed75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I live in Louisville, KY and we always get "P" mint coins here.
This year however, we have "D" mint Lincoln Cents. I got 4 rolls
yesterday at a Speedway gas station.
Very strange to see new Denver mint coins here so soon.
I will be going to a bank today that historically has had new coinage.
I'll keep you posted.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13154 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone know what banks on the East coast would have them ?

What banks get when they order coins is random luck of the draw and it depends on what the armored car service has on hand when the order comes in. In general circulated coins are shipped before new rolls.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Druu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tornandfrayed, I'll be watching for your updates, as I'm in Louisville as well. The 2016s were from stores on Shelbyville Rd, so I assume they use the same source. Where did you find the 2017 D cents?
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cuzzx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
have two local banks here {alabama} that get coins once a week, have ladies watching for me at both but nothing yet.
my daughter lives in florida and have her looking also.

hear that they are in places on the east coast.
Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tornandfrayed75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update...... I went to the bank. The Lincoln Cent boxes they got in today were all regular mixed dates. I will try my other bank tomorrow.

Druu, great to see another local on this site. Are you a member of one of the local clubs? Send me a private message.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05