Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 cent double die observe  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
147 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  04:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Montgomery to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

In a few posts, SPP posted a picture of a DDO 1967 penny. How many different DDO can be found for this year 67? I got one with double chin/letters and the second one only letters is double. Is there many state of the doubling?

Thanks!
Learn More...
Canada
7053 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:24 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is only one DDO.

The other doubled elements you are seeing are the result of machine doubling and die deterioration doubling, which are very common to see on both the obverse and reverse for that year.

Here is a good read on the various types of doubling:

http://www.coinbidders.com/Strike%2...0-%20PDF.pdf
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Strach-Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP thanks for the link it was an interesting read.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05