Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Interested In This Peace Dollar...

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2017  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see what your saying with the small gouge on the jaw. I think it's still very attractive and absent of the ugly toning that is so common with Peace dollars. The milk spots at the top of the obverse don't bother me. If you don't like, return it. Just forgo your morning Starbucks coffee.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10520 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2017  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If there is some consensus that it's a solid 63, then I think I'll keep it.

I don't think I've ever returned an eBay purchase because I usually just resell it instead, and I don't really want to start now unless you all think it's overgraded.

I value your opinions!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2017  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just ack. The MS 64 I bought for $32 had FAR better eye appeal. And I didn't hesitate selling it for $36.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2017  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will say return it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1102 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2017  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LibertyEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a huge fan due to the milk spots but technically it probably is a 63. $40 is a little high but not horrible. It's going to cost you about $3 to send back. If I were you I'd probably just keep it and chalk up to a lesson learned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2017  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steele to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10520 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2017  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input.

After posting I did kind of decide to say "lesson learned" and move on.

At least I'll have this one for future reference on what to look for.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05