Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gm 1954 Motorama Tokens

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2017  11:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Penny Presser to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am looking for a definitive list of all of the tokens produced for the 1954 General Motors Motorama celebrating the first 50 million cars built by General Motors. I have identified 19 varieties so far including Body By Fisher, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Cadillac, GM "Spinner" Coin, B-O-P Assembly, Buick, Central Foundry, Delco Appliance Division, Delco Radio, Detroit Diesel Division, Detroit Transmission, Firebird Concept Car, GMC Truck, Harrison Radiator, Made of 14 GA Metal, Rochester Products, Saginaw Steering, and Ternstadt Division.

Here is an example of the coins.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
28472 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2017  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat. Give it a bit and some members will chime in. TIP: Flatten down those staples so they don't damage other 2x2's when stacked.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2017  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Penny Presser to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't had much luck determining how many different coins exist. I did write to the GM Heritage Center. They said the coins were available to every GM Division but they had no records regarding which divisions actually ordered any. They did send me a copy of the design document which is attached here.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1697 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2017  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ErrorCoins222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt there is much written work on this topic. And I bet most collectors of these wouldn't go too far in trying to identify every existing variety. Your list is likely one of the most comprehensive on this subject.

I know little about them, but I wish you luck in your research. You might have to be the pioneer of this section of the hobby!
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fintex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been told there were 27 total coins made in this series but I have never seen a list. I have examples of seven additional coins to your list. They are: Cleveland Diesel; Diesel Equipment Division; Packard Electric; New Departure Ball Bearings; Hyatt Bearings; BLC (Brown Lippe Chapin).
Learn More...
United States
75074 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05