Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins From The Future

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community

Russian Federation
3008 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  8:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In honor of the still ongoing holiday, I propose a somewhat unusual thread: post your coins from the future!

Rules: it has to be dated to a year (or other time period, if applicable) that hasn't started yet. That's all.
(Oh, yes, it preferably has to be yours too, but that really goes without saying.)

I'm even willing to count medals, tokens, or other numismatic items, as long as they have a future date.
This is a very inclusive thread! (Okay, not really.)

Surely the good people of CCF have some variety of future coins?
(Yes, you're allowed to post types that others have posted already, as long as the photos and the items are your own; otherwise this thread would likely end very quickly.)

And just so people don't say that this is impossible - I'm starting this thread with my own entry...

Russia, 25 rubles 2018, commemorating the 2018 World Cup.
(Sorry for the crappy photos, still the same smartphone camera.)

This particular coin had been my pocket piece for the last six weeks or so; there's not much visible wear yet (if any), but I'm hoping that it will be the world's most worn 2018 coin by December (it probably won't, but at least it should actually be visibly worn by then).
Learn More...
United States
14316 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dated 2018

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrianLikesCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First to reply! Also I have a 2017 coin but not 2018+
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrianLikesCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gosh darn it... When I went into the reply screen no one had made a reply.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrianLikesCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat zombie buffalo coin!
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3008 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First to reply! Also I have a 2017 coin but not 2018+
Funnily enough, for a few weeks I had a 2018 coin but no 2017.
(I did get a 2017 later.)

Quote:
Neat zombie buffalo coin!
(and in fact I was thinking of the Zombucks series when I made the thread).
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's mine!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bring on the Zombucks! Don't have any, but love the way some of them look.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1657 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the best picture I've ever taken -- so hard to get good lighting, but I really like the effect in the flag.

Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3008 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not the best picture I've ever taken -- so hard to get good lighting, but I really like the effect in the flag.
I agree - great coin!
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alpha2814, is a neat Daniel Carr coin. I can see many faces being etched in that faceplate!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1657 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is just a hint of a face in the helmet, but you'd only really see it in a 69 or 70. If you hover over the image a the DC site, you can just make out the eyes and nose.

http://www.dc-coin.com/2001apolloas...grams-1.aspx
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10570 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  12:20 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some coins that date in the 5000's but only if I use the Hebrew calendar.

Never heard of the Zombucks series but will definitely be looking into it!
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
84356 Posts
Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpaceMaNy0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sheeple will buy anything, the zombucks proves it. Ooh zombie hair gel! Put me down for 2 cases!
With all these Barbers around, you'd think I'd have shorter hair.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
669 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scissel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the recent past, Canada had future dated coins. Sets of circulation coins for the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver were being sold as early as 2007.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05