Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Shop Southwest Of Boston Providence RI Areas

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 696Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
60 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2017  7:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mr Coin Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For the past several years, off and on as time permits, I have been sorting through an enormous family horde of coins, and selling most to a local coin shop.
Today, I visited said shop for the first time in a significant time span, only to discover he has closed . Lucien Liddy of Westside Stamp and Coin of Walpole, MA. Lou was a pleasure to deal with, offering spot on (pun intended) prices for silver, as well as honest and respectful prices on coins with numismatic value.
Perusing the internet for other coin dealers in the general southwest of Boston/Providence Rhode Island areas, however, have failed to discover anyone near the reviews given Westside Stamp and Coin. Unfortunately, in fact, what has turned up is a wealth of "disreputable" dealers in said locales, according to a vast of cited opinions.
I am, therefore, looking for suggestions for a shop in the aforementioned areas. Thanks all for your assistance.

Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2017  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the same boat.. haven't found a replacement for Lou yet, but to be honest haven't had that much time to look for one.. I've been to kappy's once or twice since Lou closed and checked out Heritage in like Bellingham. Being local, Heritage wasn't bad, but not huge selection and prices seemed high. Guy there was nice, but a bit out of the way for me.

I get a mailing list from a dealer in Bridgewater. I met him last year at Bay State. I haven't bought anything from monthly mailer, but I do look forward to when it arrives each month or so. PM me if you want his details. I might need to wait until next mailer arrives before I can give you his accurate name/contact. He was a very nice guy and reasonable, unfortunately he doesn't have a store, but does attend all of the shows in the area.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2017  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Coin Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Upon a cursory search on the internet regarding Kappy's in Norwood, and Heritage (seems to have changed its name to American Coins & Collectibles; perhaps since the passing of a co-owner) in Bellingham, I found the "Bid Board Auction" notation at the Bellingham shop of interest. I will have to delve into the details/rules later.
Regarding the dealer in Bridgewater, yes, I would be interested in said details. Is this Coins N' Things or Lewis Rare Coins? However .
I attempted to email you, per suggestion, regarding the aforementioned via the profile page, but received an "error message" that email system was non-inclusive towards "new members" in allowing usage of said service. Understanding its intention insofar proliferation of spam, it is, nonetheless, a sad capitulation to a "guilty until proven innocent" protocol.

Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2017  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I happened to receive a monthly mailer today. It is Lewis rare coins. I bought from him last year at Bay State and it was positive experience.

I'd recommend visiting both. Kappys is a larger store with lots of inventory.. high priced in my opinion, not as warm and inviting as Lou, but I've heard they warm up over time.

Heritage- smaller store, new location so it's clean and organized. Nice guy.. bid board seemed cool.

I used to spend time at Lou's going through junk silver bags. I haven't found another local place that will let you dig through and spend an hour in conversation

let me know how your experience goes and if you come across another store to check out
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 696Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05