Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Booker T. Washington 1950-S doubled or repunched mintmark ?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
148 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2017  7:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yontan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found a nice uncirculated BTW half dollar, 1950-S, but looking at the mintmark, with notches both top and bottom, I would say it is definitely S over S. I need your opinions. And, even if it is doubled, is it significant enough to warrant keeping? Thanks for any help.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15313 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2017  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There does seem to be something under there. I'll bet @commems will have the answer.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yontan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply. What is @commems?
Learn More...
United States
45014 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Commems is a CCF member who really knows a lot about commemorative coins. He will eventually see this and comment.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5586 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With all due respect to the OP ... the question at hand is not a commemorative related issue but rather a variety/error question.

I have some expertise in the series ... and have avoided replying as I have no expertise in your specific question ... the reason for the various blobs seen in the mint mark.

Suspect our master historian/expert commems might offer a similar reply ... I'll leave that to commems
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yontan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree it is variety/error related, but I try to follow directions, and these stated all commem coins had to be here. There was no var/error sub section (except in modern coins - which named all inclusive coins, - and not commems.)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3040 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like a repunched mint mark but I aint no expert but they minted a bunch of Bookers so I could see em doing that
just went back and looked at the Red Book and the 50S Booker is the 4th largest at 62,091

Edited by yotie
05/20/2017 10:26 pm
Learn More...
United States
45014 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2017  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I agree it is variety/error related, but I try to follow directions, and these stated all commem coins had to be here. There was no var/error sub section (except in modern coins - which named all inclusive coins, - and not commems.)
This is indeed the correct forum for this question as there is no separate V/E sub-forum for NCLT or commemorative coins. There is not enough activity to justify it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05