Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My 1908 D Barber Half Dollar Was Lost For 3 Days

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2017  03:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add man2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About a month ago, a USPS package was delivered to the office suite next door to mine. The receptionist signed for my package (at the wrong address). She place the package on their countertop on that Friday afternoon and closed early. When I tracked the package, it showed "delivered". When the package was missing from my office, I went to the suites in our building. All of the suites were closed for the weekend. The tracking information showed that it was delivered to my address. On Monday, I checked again the other suites again. The receptionist next door admitted that she signed for the package and left it on their countertop. But, she did not know where it was! The story gets better... The seller contacted me that weekend to tell me that he thinks he sent me the wrong roll of Morgan dollars along with the $33 face of silver quarters (around $400 value). I told him the package was missing but it was showing delivered. He actually insured the package for $900. After several days of asking all of the suites in my building and the building next door, the package finally appeared on Wednesday of that week. Indeed the seller sent the wrong Morgans! what a mess! I really don't know if I would have had a claim if the package went missing. I really don't know what USPS would have done since the receptionist next door signed for a package at the wrong address. The experience was so stressful that I have been very reluctant buy anything since then.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15991 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2017  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since it was signed for USPS would have been off the hook. And potentially the receptionist would have been on the hook since she signed for it. You would have had to try to get satisfaction from them.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
8901 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2017  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whew!! I'm glad it worked out! Nice Barber Half too!
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2017  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
About a month ago, a USPS package was delivered to the office suite next door to mine...
Wow! I am glad it all settled in the end, but that would have really done a number on my stress level.
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2017  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add man2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's funny how once the word got out that I was looking for a package, it suddenly appeared. It actually crossed my mind that someone was suspicious that the "heavy" box contained something other than coins. I work in a medical complex and the box could have easily been X-rayed. Paranoia right? I just remember the receptionist next door saying to me with a funny look on her face "The package was really heavy!". At least the OP and I had a happy ending. I mean the packages finally appeared! The coin life is good!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18448 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2017  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This happens so much. Carriers tend to read the numbers but don't focus enough on the street name.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05