Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible 1999 Close AM Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,606Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  6:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Terrafried to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I came across this possible error on a 1999 Close AM Lincoln cent. Between the A and M is a raised bubble. I've done some looking but can't find anything similar. I only have a 10x triplet so I couldn't get super fine detail but from me moving a light aroi nd and it cast a small shadow. That is how I determined it was a raised bubble. What do you guys think and have you seen it before?

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Terrafried to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a 1999 with no mint letter. Not the S version the clarify
Pillar of the Community
United States
594 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocktowngal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a pic of the whole back of the coin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41982 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. The P mint should be a CAM. It is the WAM with the P mint mark that is the error.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Terrafried to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Terrafried to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm strictly talking about the bubble between the A and M. Other than that it is a normal 1999 no mint mark
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe playing bubbles, when air gets trapped during the copper plating.
Or maybe some debri got on the coin during plating?
Edited by Justinokay
07/04/2017 7:37 pm
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Terrafried to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If only I could get a closer picture
Pillar of the Community
United States
2036 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2017  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your last pic is quite nice. The anomaly you have pointed out would be one of three things , a plating bubble , a die chip , or a die dent. While these can be interesting , the size and location of the anomaly on your coin carries little collector interest other than an excellent learning experience !
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,606Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: