Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

High End Vcoins Lots

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 5,340Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
6579 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  11:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
On a whim this evening I set the parameters in the advanced search function at VCoins to $15,000 and above, just to see what the hits looked like. The search resulted in 89 items, a few of which were antiquities. Here is a selection from the group.

Augustus denarius, $22,072

Queen Arsinoe II octadrachm, $30,000

Messana tetradrachm, $19,000

Kyrene gold stater, $69,820

Caracalla aureus, $33,006

Antoninus Pius aureus, $22,850

Marcus Aurelius medallion, $27,868

Leontini tetradrachm, $21,000

Pantikapaion stater, $75,000

Lusius Verus aureus, $22,500

Metapontion tetrobol or third stater, $15,500

Kroisos stater, $21,068

Mithradates VI Pontic Kingdom stater, $49,500
Learn More...
United States
23722 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry their all gone now. I just bought them all. .
Stunning coins.
Learn More...
United States
26156 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice eye candy! My fave is the stater from Pantikapaion.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  01:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins, but too pricey.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2618 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you imagine the collections of the people who buy such things?

For use mere mortals if we had the money I am sure several nice coins would be preferable, the kind of people who buys these I am sure money is not an issue... they surely would already have many jawdropping coins.

Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add museumguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eye-popping coins! I think its time to pony up Bob!! Ask the boss for a raise.

Steve S.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6579 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Eye-popping coins! I think its time to pony up Bob!! Ask the boss for a raise.

Yeah, right, Steve...I'm a teacher. At a school suffering severely from state cut-backs. 'Nuff said.

Seriously, what surprises me with these coins is that they are even listed through VCoins, as opposed to being auctioned off in the biggie international auctions that attract the types of individuals who invest in this higher end material. Perhaps some of the dealers are listing them with a thought that, down the line - if they don't move, then they'll be auctioned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6129 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not sure why, but that Arsinoe II is my favorite of the bunch.

And while these are some pretty big-ticket items, what shocks me the most is that not a single one holds a candle to the "rockstar" US classic rarities; the 1913 V nickels and their ilk. Several Cheerios dollars have even beaten these out! Guess I just can't fathom those who don't share our passion
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing. They are all stunning. The Kyrene stater is my favorite with that four-horsed chariot. The Pantikapaion stater is my runner up favorite.
Rest in Peace
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great! Now I have drool all over my key board...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2843 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  10:53 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Great! Now I have drool all over my key board...

Moxking- great! now I splurted coffee all over my keyboard and shirt when I read your comment.

Oh and about those coins. That is one amazing group of stuff that I can dream about.
Pillar of the Community
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As always, big money talks. I can't say which is my favorite since I was attracted to different coins for different reasons. The Lydian lion and bull is always a favorite for me, but the detail on the tetradrachm of Messana and the Kyrene stater blew me away. Then again, the personality in the portrait on that denarius of Augustus!?!

Thanks for taking the time to share that with us, Bob.
Learn More...
United States
23722 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the reason they were listed on Vcoins and not consigned to an auction house is that the coins would have to be either shipped or taken to the auction house. Being listed on Vcoins seller holds onto them. The auctions fees are most likely higher at the auction house than Vcoin fees. An auction house would give and low and high sale estimate, the seller could put a reserve on the item and if it didn't sell than it would have to be shipped back to the seller. On Vcoins the seller names his price, the buyer and seller are able to come to a sale price directly cutting out the middle man. The whole time the coin has never left the sellers hands.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6579 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some more from the VCoins group:

Constantine VII Porphyrogenitus solidus, $18,407

Larissa stater, $15,868

Hadrian aureus, $20,946

Domitian aureus, $38,083

And a few from the stratosphere ($10,000 and up) at Ma-Shops:

Aurelianus aureus, $33,733

Ptolemy I Soter pentadrachme, $21,726

Nero sestertius, $13,722

Gaul hemistater of the Aulerci Eburovices, $11,206

Persis tetradrachm, $27,444
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be waiting for you to send me mine, Bob...

Those are some mighty fine chunks of metal...
Edited by Crazyb0
07/12/2017 5:48 pm
Learn More...
United States
23722 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be something else to have a collection of these stunning works of art. My memory isn't as good as it use to be, but I do seem to recall that we have a member that has a set of the twelve Caesars in both gold and silver.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 5,340Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: