Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

canadian error market  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
329 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  2:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add errorone2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone - haven't posted in a long time . Was wondering how the Canadian error market is doing . Is it hot/cold - nonexistent . Is there a lot of offerings in the major auctions . Anyone with a read on the market would be appreciated .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2895 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it hot/cold - nonexistent . Is there a lot of offerings in the major auctions

There are many different auctions going on throughout the year on both sides of the border..

Follow them on line and the errors offered and see some nice prices realized at each auction..

It's all out there for everyone to see and often you can watch it or participate in real time....but I'm sure that you already know that..
Valued Member
Canada
329 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add errorone2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have lost track on a lot of the auction companies and when their sales are . Auctions also don't tell the whole story . If you walk into a major coin show - would there be an ABUNDANCE OF ERRORS AVAILABLE . Also on some auctions - it appears the item was sold but they were really sold to the book and an actual sale never took place . Just trying to get an idea on where the error market stands today . Havent been in the loop for awhile .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1147 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  04:52 am  Show Profile   Check canadian-varieties's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say it's a mixed bag...

but unique/desirable errors continue to go up in price...
Canada
49 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last show I was at, not a big one, the dealers had some errors left later in the day when I could make it. They also said error coins were very popular that day, so I missed all the good ones. I'll get there in the morning next time. So I would say the market is going well. Maybe not for screaming deals, due to # of collectors on the hunt for these now, but for people selling/recognising these coins and not throwing them away as I have seen happen in the past. Keep the clips coming.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1038 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Pokermandude's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pokermandude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice/scarce Canadian error coins and notes are quite strong. Collectors and Dealers alike are having to bid strong money on the better pieces that are showing up at auction.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3516 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2017  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only major errors are garnering big bids, while simple off planchets are selling for depressed prices or no sale.
Learn More...
Canada
7053 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  12:40 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, welcome back!! I still go back to your old nickel dollar error posts at times when I need a good error fix!
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
329 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add errorone2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I look in once in awhile - not all that often though - email in profile is no longer good .
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05