Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Denver Shield cent errors?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
129 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  2:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I try to watch this forum for people posting about DDO/DDR's on newer shield cents, but I'm sure I miss posts all the time. I search for posts about them too, but I have yet to find one Denver coin that even comes close to any of the Philly errors.

Has anyone seen or heard of any promising Denver shield cent errors posted on here?
I'd be fine with a "I heard there was a........" or something like that.

Thanks
Mitch
Pillar of the Community
United States
2165 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Check CoinCollector2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Denver mint is extremely good at not producing error coins, and it is not often they do. I don't even search through my Denver shield cents.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19516 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I never do either, but for some reason I started going through some lately. I think the fact that there hasn't been one in so long would make finding one that much greater, that and I have a bunch of boxes of them too.
Thanks CC2000
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John,
That 2010d DDO torments me when I'm searching. I find a tenth of millimeter of extra thickness on T's & Y's all the time, then spend too long comparing it to other ones. Anyone else do that?

But it also means almost any Legit doubling, no matter how minute, will get listed, so that's good.
Edited by truman1404
08/10/2017 2:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3400 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nearly every coin, in every roll had this crack. They are still selling,

by others, for up to $4 apiece.

On the other hand, this is an $80. BIN, with

doubling on 'evrything'. lol

Pillar of the Community
United States
3011 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCentsLady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 80.00 2017D is not a DDO that I can see. The white shadows showing is just doubling from the strike and maybe some MD that I can see.

Is this supposed to be a legit one? I have tossed back many like this (oops)

Edit: I just finished a box of 2017D nothing except some reverse die cracks and a lot (nearly every roll) worn die strikes where you see that orange peel effect. It is Borrrrring.
Edited by CoinCentsLady
08/10/2017 5:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What does BIN mean. Cant figure it out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3011 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCentsLady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BUY-It-Now
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HA, I knew that one! missed the eBay connection!!
There should be a forum for just making fun of Machine Doubling on eBay
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05