Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help identifying old Indian Princely states coins  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  12:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add arusak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A friend has four coins that I was unable to identify, does anyone have any idea of what they are? I think the last two might be tokens.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4668 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@arusak, first welcome to CCF. Second, while this is outside my area of knowledge, I agree that your fourth piece is a token--I believe a so-called magic square token. To help determine if you have coins of the Princely States, I recommend looking through this thread below. The primary contributor has vast knowledge of this area of numismatics.

http://goccf.com/t/261679

"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3959 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your first is from Bundi, and is a more popular type. It says VIC/TORIA/QUEEN/(Date) on the obverse in English, and RAM/SINGHI/(Date) on the reverse in Devanagari with a VS calendar date. The same design was used on the rupee and it's fractions; a rupee is about 11 grams.

Second is a later Bull and Horseman jital, drnsreedhar should be able to ID when he comes along. It's probably from the 1200s or thereabouts.

Last two I think are tokens; I agree with Spence that the fourth is a magic square type token.
Selling authentic Roman denarii, starting @$8:
http://goccf.com/t/299965
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arusak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much!
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arusak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, what is the last digit in the date of the Bundi coin? Looks like 193? to me but the last one I'm not sure on.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05