Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What is your recurring coin order (dollar amount/frequency)?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  9:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wandering Nomad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It would be easier for me, logistically speaking, to order half-dollars in greater bulk... (a higher dollar amount all at once)

My question is to those out there who order half-dollars - what is your usual dollar (amount) ordered and how often do you order it?

(e.g. $500 per week, $1000 per month)

I guess I'm trying to learn to ride the line between too little or too much.... not sure if a higher bulk amount would help the employee ordering it or cause waves...
perhaps I should try to find out whether the bank pays per box? or is contracted per Loomis "visit/delivery?" I use Chase Bank to order half-dollars.

Any input or advice is appreciated.
Edited by Wandering Nomad
08/12/2017 10:16 pm
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add accordselux to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on the bank. Some will not want to, some won't bat an eye, a lot has to do with relationship with the bank and the attitude of the lead teller.

Just a note though, most banks I know only order $1000 minimum on halves.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wandering Nomad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I currently order $2000 per order, 3-4 orders per week, but staggered because they are from different branches...

I was just thinking of consolidating into one to two branches.... I usually just do it over the phone and they never question me but I've never gone higher than $2000. Was wondering if others had gone safely higher.
08/13/2017 12:26 am
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wandering Nomad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update: I tried telephone ordering $3,000 in half-dollars yesterday from a bank branch I've never been to.... delivery is supposed to arrive tmrw! So far that's the largest order I've gotten through as a single lump sum.
08/16/2017 10:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2017  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big7mag to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I order 3k every week for the past year. Sometimes I will order 5k it just depends on the style of boxes I am receiving. There is one style of box I do like.
Pillar of the Community
United States
663 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2017  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I typically limit my order of halves to $2K from one branch. Once I ordered $6K from one branch, but only because the lead teller was a friend of mine.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wandering Nomad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...kool. Good to know! thx :)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05