Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which rabbit will win the race? 1967 Vs 2017  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2114 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  10:21 pm Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question

I'm betting on 1967... It obviously has more muscles.

Poll Choices

Anonymous Vote
Edited by canadian_coins
08/12/2017 10:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6190 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  01:42 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 will win by a hare!
Signature
Sign Here X _______________________
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1932 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  06:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'67 by a nose, or a whisker.
Valued Member
Canada
83 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add headlessone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The '67, because it has a longer run. Original still eluding me--always seems to be just beyond that next roll....Glad to have the new one. Old one looks better in your pic, I think.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2114 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2017 is caching up. Still, it's pretty clear that the old design is more appealing to most collectors.

Looking more closely I think the old font is better. Thinner. I never liked bold characters.

The thinner rim and the beads closer to the rim give the impression that the 1967 coin is larger, cleaner.

I don't like the 'moustache' on the 2017.

Finally, I now realize that the frost on the 2017 is too pronounced. At first I thought the RCM did well on the frost but now I'm backing up a bit on that statement.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1107 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Finally, I now realize that the frost on the 2017 is too pronounced.

I have to agree with you. Ever since a 50c 2012 gold coin that had the bluenose in frosted relief, I've been adamant that I just don't like it. In my opinion, they use the frosting to cover up some not so good engraving. (not my picture)
Edited by Dcadon
08/18/2017 9:40 pm
Valued Member
Canada
164 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lets see, a race between a 100 year old and a 50 year old hare. I'll put my $ on the tortoise!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05