Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1857 large cent for sale  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2043 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  11:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It IS a nice looking coin :)
Still trying to complete my Dansco 7000.
Edited by 999fine
08/24/2017 11:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will the seller get offended is someone offers 1/10th of 1%?

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13008 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably considering a small date in 60 is worth close to that and this is in a 66 slab.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember this guy. "It is vastly underrated in the tiny brainwashed subculture of aging hardcore coin dealers and collectors, who in our opinion have no clue about its true value and significance."

At least he spelled "its" correctly.
Working on: Franklin halves (Unc), Peace dollars (62-63), US type (larger Seated AU)

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2990 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The PCGS number lookup page shows a PCGS value of $9,500 for this coin - pretty far away from the Million he wants.
https://www.PCGS.com/cert/30975639
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Edited by Mark1959
08/24/2017 12:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mark that's a million and 1 cent. dont try to short change him lol.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16718 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a country.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5671 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If he has other items listed it may be designed to get other people to look at his listings, i.e. click bait.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2572 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is pretty though.
My name is Devin, and I have been collecting now for around 2 years. I love early American coppers. I set up at coin shows and sell on eBay with my dad (I own most of the coins we sell, and he owns most of the currency), and most of all... I have fun!
Visit my eBay store, I have lots of BINS and auction style listings:
http://stores.ebay.com/In-God-We-Tr...and-Currency
Pillar of the Community
United States
9281 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the coin, of course, but the price is a shot in the wind. Made us look...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2906 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What a country.

this is what freedom smells like
numismatic_student aka CoinNerd
Wanna trade? View my Want List and items for trade: http://coinnerdtrading.blogspot.com/
CoinNerd's Type Set: http://coinnerdtypeset.blogspot.com/
Learn More...
United States
23065 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2017  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That seller is almost walking distance from me. I'd like to walk in and him.
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinpictures to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An NGC MS66BN just sold on eBay for ~$2K, so methinks the seller on this one is a wee bit off.

I love me some 1857 large cents (I have about 10 of them), but that ask is, shall we say, "optimistic".
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6364 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay bucks max out at $100, so forget it ;-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hold on Jerry, I'm going to make an offer
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05