Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pure chocolate: Crispus AE Follis  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3731 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  8:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Had this one for a while, just got around to pics:

Crispus, AE follis, Arles, 317-318 AD.
CRISPVS NOB CAES, Laureated, draped, and cuirassed bust right /
PRINCIPIA IVVENTVTIS, Mars, naked except for helmet and boots, standing left holding vertical spear in left hand, and leaning on shield with right, chlamys across left shoulder. C-S across fields, Mintmark QARL.
RIC VII Arles 143.
Scarce.

I had stumbled on my share of Crispus folles, but they all had their own issues and this one was just shouting "BUY ME". So it happened. This is easily the highest grade LRB I own, and is just fun to hold.
Learn about my avatar here:
http://goccf.com/t/276704
Pillar of the Community
United States
9365 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy Banana Cakes! That is a stupendous example. That is the type of quality you will love seeing every time you enjoy your collection. Sincere congratulations.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2777 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin, excellent die engraving, sharp strike, great patina, negligible wear. They don't come much better than this. Congrats, Steve.
Learn More...
United States
20162 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful strike and detail, fantastic patina.
Valued Member
New Zealand
153 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2017  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doctorwho2485 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
849 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2017  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Biancasdad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The surfaces are just superb. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2589 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2017  02:13 am  Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
West is best
I have a few LRB's kicking about.
Most of them I can pass on but on rare occasions you find a little gem
When I stumble upon an Arles Lyon Trier London or Carthage mint I call them keepers !
The western mints had much lower product ion than places like Siscia Thessaloniki or Antioch. Makes them all the more desirable !
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
Portugal
12 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2017  04:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jorge Manuel Goncalv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
superb coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
3731 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2017  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! I hope to eventually upgrade my LRB lot grabs to comparable examples, but it will take quite some time, if it's even possible.
Learn about my avatar here:
http://goccf.com/t/276704
Pillar of the Community
United States
879 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2017  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very pretty coin Steve. I don't think I ever had one of those for him. Nice item!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
790 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2017  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is a beautiful coin.
"Cave ab homine unius libri"
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05