Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Value of 1964 Lincoln penny in mint conditio  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  1:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys I have a 1964 Lincoln penny that I do not k of much about. I just know for it to be so old. It's in really good condition. Can't tell in pics but have the shine of a 2017 penny.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Learn More...
United States
46408 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is very nice! Definitely a keeper.
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck
Pillar of the Community
United States
9322 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's tough to tell the grade from those photos but it's certainly displaying great mint luster.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19961 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4124 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because of the amount of what is known as "chatter" it stands around an MS60-62 grade. Chatter is the small imperfections seen mostly in the fields (the clear areas). Those are usually caused by being transported in bags of 10,000 of their Mint issued brothers originally, the contact coin to coin does that. They are "Mint State" in that respect, but the transport presentation is not like in a Mint issued wrapped set where the extremely high grade coins are found.

Information: No Charge!

FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies, Vol. 1 in PDF format!
Get your copy Today!
http://goccf.com/t/296596
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks crazybo
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16783 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coin frog , I just uploaded a 1981 Lincoln penny and would love your opinion on it. Also I have a 1964 in mint that I posted up and a 1952 d
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6510 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sunshine , your photos makes it hard to grade with all those dark shadows . Because the coin is so glossy I first thought of an impaired proof but the rims are off . Could have been a gem 1964-P in someone's collection that wound up circulating for awhile .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks tbop , I'm gonna upload a better pics shortly
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14317 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not many hits and very strong luster. Pictures not the best so I'll give it a range: MS-64/66. The fields need to be clean to hit the higher grades and I can't see the right obverse field at all.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14317 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh...it's worth at most $1 outside of a slab. Now, if you can get it into a PCGS MS-67 slab....they show that as a $7000 coin.

http://www.PCGScoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/2890
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4124 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just missed bidding on these, all 1962D's (30) rolls for $20, and these aren't circulated AT ALL! So No, OP's coin is not $1, 10 cents at best.

FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies, Vol. 1 in PDF format!
Get your copy Today!
http://goccf.com/t/296596
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks crazybo ,I just uploaded a new topic,
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1367 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05