Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Mega Leaf-wise move?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  1:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jeff n to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, 1st timer in here so I hope I'm in the right place. I had my metals guy offer me the Canadian Mega Leaf, 1.5oz .9999 gold. He said the silver Super Leaf initial run has almost doubled and was chattering that this one should do the same.

Will it be a good leaf or a good laff? I have something I'd swap out for them so no out of pocket. Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3905 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
He said the silver Super Leaf initial run has almost doubled

Did you verify this information?

Oh, by the way – the book I gave you for Christmas has to be returned to the library next week.

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jeff n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Informally, looking at solds on eBay and offerings online, $31-38 range. Which I just realized getting into 1.5oz mindset, is only about 1.5 x increase on the outside range.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jeff n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And now just noticed they're at par on Ampex but the '15s sre sold out. The broker claims they're a limited run on '17 Megas but 'collectible' and 'limited' have such dubious speculative value to them that I'm weary. Maybe just as a gold hold, they're lovely coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
793 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like they are trying to turn bullion into NCLT. Unless you really like the coin, I would not purchase. Paying a premium for bullion, strikes me as an easy way to lose money. Have a friend phone them and see what they purchase it for. See what kind of premium they pay, if the offer is bullion, you probably have your answer.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05