Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CRH and location does it make a difference?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
27 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  8:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mycrookedd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking at the Federal Reserve Bank in my area and
the Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Would I be better off CRH outside of an MSA or inside
an MSA?

Just curious

Pillar of the Community
United States
1299 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well in my area specifically, I’ve found that my local Northwest Bank has more CWR and therefor more wheats and coppers and errors. My local NextTier bank tends to have shotgun wrapped fresh-from-the-mint rolls. So in short, depending on your location, location matters, and your location depends on how much your location affects how much your location affects your results. I think I got that right.
"When I'm old and grey, I want to be known amongst the neighborhood kids as that old guy who gives out full size candy bars on Halloween" - me, when for some reason I was thinking really deep.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4125 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard question. Mostly its a matter of luck I think. I live in central MO. Town of under 200k. My local source banks get theirs through armored car co's from KC and possibly St Louis distribution. The local banks generally don't roll their own unless in a monthly shortage so all dumps go to central point to be redistributed. The "real" meaning of redistributed wealth! (Snort X 3!). It's not the most profitable venture for me in stacking, I go really hungry! On higher halves and quarters, the little I've done, ah, suck. Nada, zip, zilch after @$1500 attempted...did see once on 10 rolls of halves, three different "markers", so know there's too many lookers. Dimes are pretty meager too, only @ $1.00 FV out of $2000. I do mostly cents and nickels, don't see markers (even my own again after 3 years marking) on any so imagine not as picked over but have noticed the picking in just the last 6 months have slacked off of anything really noteworthy. Probably just depends how big the distribution area is and how much transitions your immediate area...?
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies, Vol. 1 in PDF format!
Get your copy Today!
http://goccf.com/t/296596
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycrookedd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RoyCoinBoy

I tried to read between the lines. I think I get you.
What your saying is to find a place where the most
money changes hands.

Like it does not matter if your in or outside an MSA.

In such an area where lots of money flows back and
forth most CRH would not be able to keep up. Therefore
your chances of CRH would be higher.

Like where I live Bank Wrap Rolls are better than
CWR assuming they go through them before they wrap.

So I should find a busy area in my area give it a few
pokes and see what I get.

Thank you for the advice

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3017 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'de say the more people in an area the more roll hunters purchasing and dumping off their searched rolls. I get most of my best rolls from the small town I live in, and dump the searched rolls in the bigger city 10 miles away. But really, ask 10 people you will get 10 different opinions.
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Edited by Mark1959
10/11/2017 9:42 pm
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycrookedd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mark1959,
I like your train of though. LOL I still find a
Philly penny 1959 better than a 1959D because they are rare.

Anyway over the last few responses. It appears a
little strange since the Federal Reserve also is
suppose to remove currency.

Here's what I mean. If I take all my Zincolns. aka Dumpers
(note I look for them/those dd,double ear wide/close am etc)

Dump these Zincolns into a bank near the closest MSA.
Then the chance are the MSA would be sending to the nearest
Federal Reserve Bank are higher. Thus when the
reserve bank removes the currency. They would in
fact be removing the a quantity rather than inspecting
the coins.

What your saying is the more garbage we feed the
our MSA the better the chances are of keeping these
coins in the small towns. In these small towns we should
search. (LOL sounds like Jurassic Park)

Riding with both ideas. The two best places would
be either a small town outside an MSA where a CRH
deposits his dump into an MSA. Or Just where lots of Coins
move through the area for some reason or another.

eh, the beige book could it be the answer to good CRH.
I've not a clue about how that would effect CRH.

So far 2 good ideas

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05