Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1850 braided hair large cent, badly corroded.  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  06:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin is pretty corroded and I'm not sure it can be saved. If it can, Would you buy it? If so, what's the most you would pay for it?

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future inevitably becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
10/12/2017 06:02 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I’d pay no more than probably $7 max. I’m looking for cheapo large cent w/ readable date as a prize for a contest.
"When I'm old and grey, I want to be known amongst the neighborhood kids as that old guy who gives out full size candy bars on Halloween" - me, when for some reason I was thinking really deep.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6364 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  06:36 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice dug coin, maybe $5 max.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1172 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large cents are so cheap in the UK any copper fan can fill his boots up.I must say I wouldn't buy this.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6364 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  07:58 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you say cheap, how much are you talking about?.....sounds like a business opportunity :-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2043 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that one is a goner as far as being saved. Would not be something most collectors would buy. Too many nicer coins available for not a lot of money. $5 would be pushing it for this one.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I thought as well, this coin is on eBay for $9.99 or best offer. Maybe I will offer him $3.50 and see if the seller agrees. I'm not willing to dish out anymore than that. Thank you all for your input and advice!
If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future inevitably becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6364 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$3.50 w/free shipping ;-)
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
edweather, lol. Indeed with free shipping!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2990 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With a wire wheel and some Brasso your'e good to go........
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16718 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Easy to buy, tough to sell. Pass.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Edited by Coinfrog
10/12/2017 3:20 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I passed on it!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16718 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good decision. Just an awful coin.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1843 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately that's a really bad coin that cannot be saved. There are so many 1850 large cents in much better condition at very reasonable prices.
Member ANA and EAC
Learn More...
United States
46345 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I passed on it!!
It might have been fun to experiment, but this is probably for the best.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. There are a few that I have been looking at that are in much better condition.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05