Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 Holiday Exchange - Secret Santa

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 462 / Views: 34,866Next Topic
Page: of 31
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1884 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2018  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my scanner working, at last.

Rolled cents, British new pennies, and I think, a nickel

Medallions

The RSPCA medallion has an especially attractive reserve.
All these are new to me.

The rolled coins have started me off on a new trail; I acquired 2 rolled British new pennies at the Falkirk Wheel https://www.scottishcanals.co.uk/falkirk-wheel/, last Sunday - 1 each.
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Edited by Pertinax
02/07/2018 7:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10766 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice loot, Pertinax!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14610 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks , first time participating in secret Santa . It was a blast . for putting this together .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
4207 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is always fun. Thanks again RGoodie for your hard work~!

Hope to see more pictures next year!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1884 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Battle of Hastings 50p

This is the first time I've held one of these coins - a very nice design. However, got one today in my change while taking a disabled girl to the fair today.

Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are lucky to get that 50p coin! That reminds me to ask my relative in the UK to be on lookout for these 50p coins. I only need one. :)

Hope you had a good time at the fair. I think it is very nice of you to take a disabled girl to the fair. Good on you.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1884 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Banknotes from Secret Santa - thanks very much, all new to me.
Brazil: 1,000 Cruzados and 5,000 Cruzados issued 1988; 10,000 Cruzados issued 1989. 1,000 Cruzados revalued to 1 Cruzado Novo in 1989.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1884 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Banknotes from Secret Santa - thanks very much, all new to me.
Brazil: 100 Cruzados Novos and 200 Cruzados Novos issued 1989; 500 Cruzados Novos issued 1990. 1 Cruzado Novo revalued to 1 Cruzeiro in March 1990.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1260 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Generous Secret Santa!
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brazilian notes are very colourful and fascinating to have! Inflationary notes are such an interesting topic to discuss about! That 500 new cruzado note you have reminded me of a time when I bought that very note from foreign currency broker--I think it was in 1990 or so--for $15, only to see its value diminished over the time to zero! My only consolation is that my banknote is in UNC. :)
Edited by Carrigna
02/11/2018 9:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
533 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add timnic44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A package arrived from Secret Santa II today. It contained some beautiful uncirculated coins ( much nicer than the ones I have), a nice little half dime which I do not have an example of, and a couple of interesting tokens. Being a car guy and the last car I built was a Pontiac, the one token fits me to a tee. The other is something I will have to do a bit of research on.

As the enclosed note said..." good things come to those who wait" This was better than good. These are all great coins/tokens that have found a home in my collection and will be passed on to my descendants.It was a great gesture by a fellow collector to act as a substitute Santa.

A big thank you to this thoughtful and generous person.

Learn More...
United States
14109 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We have now heard from everyone
Santa is taking a nap
See you next year
This thread will be locked
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Page: of 31 Previous TopicReplies: 462 / Views: 34,866Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05