Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 S VDB LMC - PMD, die clash or some sort of strikethrough?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3835 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a worn die?

Oh, by the way – the book I gave you for Christmas has to be returned to the library next week.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1957 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure what we are supposed to be looking at! If referring to the marks between the 0 & 9 they look like contact marks to me and other areas in the field I agree with Mark on the worn Die.
Edited by Chase007
12/04/2017 7:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3835 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't worry about the close up pics - looks like a very nice example of a 1909-S Lincoln Cent!!
So many just have to have that close up -

Oh, by the way – the book I gave you for Christmas has to be returned to the library next week.

Edited by Mark1959
12/04/2017 7:25 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18947 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. To me, Die pair #4, seems pretty normal, pics don't tell us much about luster, looks kind of flat here.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for the responses. Makes me feel better it didn’t take a hit
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
906 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
worn die and contact marks right side of the "0" in 1909.
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

I have a CONTEST going on right now! Win CCF Token, Morgan or Peace dollar, and Franklin half.

http://goccf.com/t/301981
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10491 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marks really aren't very distracting. I repeat that I like it. Even if the color is odd in those pictures. No indication of cleaning, just flat looking.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5757 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Difficult photographs to decipher ... full coin images to me indicate likely authentic 1909 -S VDB.

Not sure what the close up images add?
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05