Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Lincoln Cent WDDO-008  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like Stage B to me. opinions welcomed.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5175 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like a nice one. Interesting to see MDD on a DDO at the same time.

The Key that gives it away to me is the upper left corner od the D in GOD. Your coin is MDD, not 008, no doubling on 197 or 2. The dot is above the bar of the 2 also. Your coin is DDD as well, the die flow has pulled the devices apart on it's journey outwards.(LIBERTY)
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Edited by Crazyb0
12/05/2017 7:38 pm
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I notice most is the thickness in the date as well as the notch in the 7 and under the bar on the L. That was what caught my eye. Iíve seen many master doubled dies before, this one brings a little extra spice to it
Edited by Rlewis87
12/05/2017 8:42 pm
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tomasal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rlewis what microscope do you you use in taking these pics? They are so crisp.
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just remembered, itís a TOPMYS 20x-800x usb digital microscope. Pretty cheap really but it does the job
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tomasal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's phenomenal. I'll have to look it up. My pics are challenging to say the least. Thanks and great coin btw.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5175 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rlewis, I don't think it's a 008, unless you've nailed some markers. Why I'm saying this is the difference between the 006 and 008 on the distance doubling is seen on WE and RU of TRUST. You have a VLDS coin with a lot of die abrasion and deterioration which does affect a lot of fine details. It still may be an 008 based upon the notching of the 7. LIBERTY is too far gone to get much believable out of. Consider this, and check markers on VV too.

FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  02:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Checks on the markers for 006 and 007 and didnít find any on my coin. I agree the coins a bit too far gone to determine a final name. I do appreciate the help though Crazyb0
Pillar of the Community
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of lighting you use for your scope pics?
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  03:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has a built in adjustable LED. You can turn it off and use a different light source though
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05