Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 P Cents Are They Still Hard To Get?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 3,352Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've looked through way over 15k 2017Ps I'm over it
Edited by Mrzllewellyn
12/11/2017 11:55 pm
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16665 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Conder101, that surprises me. I would of thought for sure that they would be in abundant there.

Well considering that one coin represents 100% of the 2017 cents I've seen so far I guess you could call that an abundance.

Where I live is 40 miles from anywhere so what coins we have in circulation tend to stay there and the only influx we get are those spent by someone passing through or those broght back in pocket change byt hose that go to other cities to shop. During the entire State Quarter run we only had one bank bring in a box of quarters (one box of Massachusetts) and we only got one box of President dollars (Washington). Coins just don't trickle in here very fast. There are still some 2015 and 2016 issues I haven't seen yet. Still haven't seen all the designs for the Territory State Quarters and they were eight years ago.
Gary Schmidt
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Conder101, you bring up a good point, one I did not take into consideration
Living in a rural area would indeed decrease the odds of circulating coinage. Without the population and commerce of a big city I can understand why! Thank you for that insight!
Pillar of the Community
United States
904 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n9jig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally got my first 2017-P pennies! I live near Phoenix and we get nothing but "D" coins here, I have yet to find a 2017-P cent here. I was in NYC the past few days and finally came across a few 2017-P's. Yee Haw!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a lovely looking 2017 P

I know you guys all want one like this

Edited by Mrzllewellyn
12/12/2017 7:32 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, got any salad dressing? It looks like alphalfa sprouts and lettuce.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah it's pretty rough
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a lovely looking 2017 P

I know you guys all want one like this
Pillar of the Community
United States
4914 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 2017P is sweet actually. 12 months of corrosion. Pretty amazing.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16665 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well considering that one coin represents 100% of the 2017 cents I've seen so far I guess you could call that an abundance.

The abundance gets bigger, got a second one. Also another 17 P dime, I'm up to six 2017 coins now.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1795 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadToTheBone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now let me add something else to the equation. What if the mint doesn't add a mint mark for Philadelphia in 2018. I bet the 2017 P's will be even more scarce west of the Mississippi.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smoke1439 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Central Alabama here. I would guess I see about 80% P's and 20% D's. I have searched 6 boxes of cents this year and I have put together a roll of the best finds. I was in Texas (DFW area) for a few days this summer and brought home many shinny D mints. I assume most of the P's stay east of the Mississippi River and the D's west. I wish the Armadillos would have stayed on the west side of the river. Darn varmints, (V-mints)!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7728 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BadToTheBone ...What if the mint doesn't add a mint mark for Philadelphia in 2018...

From what I have read earlier this year, it will be a one-year only run.

"According to Tom Jurkowsky, director of the United States Mint's Office of Corporate Communications, the 2017-P Lincoln cent was minted in recognition of the Mint's 225th anniversary on April 2."

https://coinweek.com/us-mint-news/p...incoln-cent/
Edited by oih82w8
12/15/2017 08:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4685 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2017  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never understood the rationale of the Philadelphia Mint not putting a mint mark on pennies.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 3,352Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05