Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CRH Finds, Cent Keepers Or Not?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 963Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
137 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  7:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Surf-city-NC to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

1959 D crooked mint mark

1990 MAD

2000 D struck through grease

1987 D MD

1987 reverse die clash

1973 D die subsidence error

Edited by Surf-city-NC
12/10/2017 7:32 pm
Learn More...
United States
16334 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only one I would keep personally is the 1959, but that is because I save all cents from that date. If I recall properly, mintmarks were applied by hand at that point so the position of the D shifts around a little bit among different dies. I'm interested to hear if some of our real error experts would save any of these.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rotated MM is not an anomaly, nor are the MADs, normal machine processes or manufacture. If the MM is an RPM with split serifs, maybe. Mintmarks were placed by hand at the last stage of die making, human error..."**it happens", MAD is just a loose setting, nothing a little adjustment won't fix

Spence, why? I'd save if I was a nutty hoarder maybe, but I have OBW rolls of these, nice MS 60's pluses. The MAD no, only when any details are missed.
Edited by Crazyb0
12/10/2017 7:33 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO, all spenders. The "MAD" doesn't appear to have effected any of the devices. The 59 D, unless it's a RPM, which I cannot tell from the photos, is a spender. The rest of the "zincolns", spenders. Again this is just my humble opinion. I'm sure the experts will chime in soon with a more knowledgable and informative opinion
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48747 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, just spenders. Crooked MMs are everyday common. No premium.
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Surf-city-NC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the 73 D is the same error from carwash's post earlier today, and I'm going to hang on to the 87 die clash just because it's about BU in addition to the clash.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with that . Keep searching. You'll show us a doozy soon.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think the 73 D is the same error from carwash's post earlier today, and I'm going to hang on to the 87 die clash just because it's about BU in addition to the clash.

Surf-city, keep the one from 1973 D (It's caused by a Sunken Die error) and the one from 1987 (caused by having no planchets in between the die, causing a Die Clash). The rest would be spenders to me IMHO.
Learn More...
United States
16334 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd save if I was a nutty hoarder maybe

Yep, well I just can't spend the '59s, so maybe I'm just a nutty hoarder...
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that in one way or another we are all a little bit nutty hoarders

I was born in '64 and just can't seem to put em' back into circulation when one ends up in my possession. Not to mention, you should keep what ever makes you happy in doing so.
Edited by Tootallious
12/10/2017 9:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'64 phew, the highest mintage year pre-80's I believe-they got to be piling up toot,lol. FYI I'm 6 years later
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes they are Slamnbass, got at least 5 rolls of cents and nickels. Of course more hallves, quarters, and dimes being the last year of %90ers for the halves and the end of silver for quarters and dimes. All designated to my kids and grand kids. When they end up with them the'll probably say "Gee, thanks Pop's"
Edited by Tootallious
12/10/2017 10:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2380 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1959-D seems to be RPM-003 so probably verify that and if so keep it. The 1973-D is a common error but an error nonetheless and worth keeping unless you've got a better example sitting around. 1987 has no real premium but worth keeping as a nice clash on a nice coin.
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2017  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Surf-city-NC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to clean it up and take my loupe to it, but you were spot on with the RPM tropicalbats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
first thanks for sharing , but I think your only to post one coin at a time , next you need to go back and look over the 1987-d maybe get some closer pics of it looks like it might be a DDO liberty ,and your 1959-d yes hand punched mint mark's jump , but your liberty looks like its on a coaster ride
Pillar of the Community
United States
2380 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  09:10 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 87-D does look somewhat like a DDO on the liberty but mint mark is in wrong position for DDO-001 so would have to be a new one
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 963Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05