Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

All Aboard! Railroad Stocks & Bonds

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  5:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I collect all manner of engraved financial documents, but some of the most elaborate designs are found on stocks and bonds. And, of these, railroads are probably the most collectible. Here are a few favorites from my overstuffed album. Anyone have others they'd like to add?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1118 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harmonica to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see someone start this!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gotta love the trains:
================

Learn More...
United States
76345 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta love the trains:

==========
History link: http://www.cablecarmuseum.org/co-ca...rnia-st.html
Edited by techwriter
12/13/2017 4:42 pm
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jsw600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RR Bond

Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, that one is very cool, Les! I've actually been on that cable car. Great piece of history!

I know some members are already aware of the Cox Rail website (http://www.coxrail.com/index.asp), but this seems like a good time to mention it for new members. Terry Cox is the author of "Collectible Stocks and Bonds from North American Railroads" -- the most comprehensive catalog of railroad securities in the U.S. Instead of publishing ongoing editions, Terry decided it made more sense to create an online, searchable database that anyone can use. He depends on collectors and dealers to provide images and data for the site which continues to grow. I regularly contribute my "finds" and I notice that scans of the two stocks Harmonica posted are also in the database. I highly recommend that collectors who are unfamiliar with Coxrail, take a few hours and explore the site -- it's well work it! He also has a very informative blog: http://coxrail.blogspot.com. His archived blogs are a wealth of information.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never rode that particular one; and only been to Frisco once and just didn't have time to ride the cable car.
I did edit the post and add the history link.

History link: http://www.cablecarmuseum.org/co-ca...rnia-st.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Found" this while browsing for something else; thought it was just a neat vignette so I bid for it.
==========

History link: http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/w...ami_Railroad
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by techwriter
12/14/2017 8:36 pm
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Condor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Just looking .... Loving the history and eye candy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3844 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great items!
Learn More...
United States
76345 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just looking .... Loving the history and eye candy!
Same here. I never had much interest in these things before, but this topic has certainly got my attention now.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I'll throw some more pretty ones out here then!

The last one depicts one of my all-time favorite vignettes inside a covered roundhouse. And it shows more locomotives than any other stock I own -- five in one spot!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2017  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Berkshire Railroad Co.

Edited by Nells250
12/16/2017 9:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2017  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Old Colony & Newport
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05