Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yakima Pride Commemorative Medal

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,412Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  4:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
this medal was part of auction I won last night,it was in plastic holder and was signed,,error",all I did find about online ,-it was minted in franklin mint on silver planchet,i saw couple for sale right now on eBay,mine ,was minted on different type of metal,so,can anybody help me with this medal?
thanks in advance
Alex

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Learn More...
United States
16367 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@shtudentt, is your round bronze? I agree that all of the Yakima rounds with this design that are on the interwebs seem to be silver. I might just call the Franklin Mint and ask them if they ever issued a bronze version. One thing that is a little odd is that the sculptor's initials seem to be to the right of the arrowhead point on the Franklin Mint version, whereas the initials (which look different to me) are to the left of the point on your piece. Maybe you have a private issue based on the Franklin Mint silver round?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
in hands it has lite silver-pink color and doesn't looks like bronze to me
Learn More...
United States
16367 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok well if you aren't doubting its authenticity, then I would just call the Franklin Mint and see if you can find someone there who can tell you about it. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok,thank you Spence
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48842 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the Franklin Mint still around?
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes,i sent them an email,and they will respond within 48 hr
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that what I got today ,,Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Franklin Mint. I am very sorry, but we are unable to assist you with your inquiry. This email address only supports orders and products through the online store.
We do not have access to any old collection information, appraisal details, or order history. Unfortunately, there is no support for those legacy purchases as the original Franklin Mint no longer exists.

If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Ed
The Franklin Mint Customer Care
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
unfortunately ,i was kicked back,and I still have nothing
Learn More...
United States
16367 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah bummer. Well maybe someone else here will chime in at some point.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
really hope for your,guys,help
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2018  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
do you have a scale to get the weight?

-MV
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2018  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
weight,-24.3 grams
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2018  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does the edge contain any marks/markings? http://www.franklin-mint-silver.com...ormation.htm

The only other suggestion would be to contact the individual running the site linked to above http://www.franklin-mint-silver.com...-contact.php as he/she may be able to tell you if there is an error and what it is.

Worth a try.

-MV
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2018  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no any special marks,like on silver version
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
edge is readed
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,412Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05