Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need ID Help Please With a Jeton  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  7:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys-

I have a jeton I am trying to locate information on. Your help is appreciated. Thanks-

20mm and 1.1 grams

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7518 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pendrak, I'm no expert on jetons, but I still think that this is an interesting piece. It seems to have degenerate inscriptions (roughly saying REICHPFENNIG on the rev) and details compared to some of the other ship/sun jetons on the interwebs. Maybe it is actually a game piece made in the style of these counters? I stumbled on an old "world of coins" thread where it is stated that this is the case for smaller diameter pieces (like yours).

I'm sure others will weigh in on this too.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes- I noticed that it is a crude mimic of the ship/sun/moon/stars jetons of the Nuremberg jetons made by Johan F. Weidinger.

Please note the “plu.” and “.tra” – for some reason leaving out the S and UL. What is the I.H in the ex.?

Also- RECH F(backwards N) … PFE(backwards N)I(backwards N):

I bought this “jeton” at a coin show from a junk bin when I was a kid about 1965 because I thought it looked old and cool. Several years ago I started trying to figure out what it was. I am still trying and hoped someone here could help.

A game piece? An interesting possibility. Now- what type of game and what time period would it have been played?

I have noticed that on this board that when a query has an answer or two, nobody else chimes in with comments. Hopefully that will not happen here.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05