| Author |
Replies: 14 / Views: 1,000 |
|
|
New Member
United States
3 Posts |
I came across this Peace dollar, and I'm wondering if the indentations are a type of planchette error, or if someone damaged the coin. There is a small one on the reverse as well. Forgive me if this is a dumb question. I have just gotten into coin collecting in the past few months, and I haven't posted in a forum in 15 years, so hopefully the image comes through ok. Thanks in advance for any help! 
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
5825 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts |
|
|
New Member
 United States
3 Posts |
Ok, thank you so much for letting me know!
|
|
Moderator
 United States
34563 Posts |
@ag77, welcome back after way too long of an absence. I hope that your next post isn't in another 15 years. Anyway, @kanga nailed it that your coin has been damaged after it was struck. Since there is a bit of a flat spot on the rev, then the two dimples are most likely from an impact.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push." -----Ghanaian proverb
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed." -----King Adz
|
|
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts |
Quote: @ag77, welcome back after way too long of an absence. Registered today? 15 years? 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1789 Posts |
Quote: Registered today? 15 years? I believe the OP meant that they haven't posted on any kind of forum in 15 years.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts |
Quote: I believe the OP meant that they haven't posted on any kind of forum in 15 years. Oh, "ANY" kind of forum - Well  to this one!!
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
17900 Posts |
 We look forward to your participation.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
4211 Posts |
 to the CCF!
|
|
New Member
 United States
3 Posts |
Thanks, everyone! Glad to be here :)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts |
 to the CCF!
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196278 Posts |
 to the Community!
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
 to the CCF!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
5029 Posts |
 to CCF
|
| |
Replies: 14 / Views: 1,000 |
|