Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1973 Lincoln cent ddo  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  2:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add piercethegrimes to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a BU roll of 1973 cents I've been looking through and checking for the 2 DDO for 1973. The photo of the full obverse was taken after putting in a cardboard holder. sorry about that

Bedrock of the Community
United States
21184 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry,don't think so. Your coin does not match either of the ones on CC's site. I also do not think it is a doubled die at all.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
22702 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6637 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are similarities to 001 on VV BUT don't think it is, but it could be.

http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...O%201973.htm

Match these in yellow to the above link (check the eye area)...but the areas I marked in RED are common to all dies apparently is a master hub deal. The spliting on upper left of LIBERTY letters and left of center and lower leg of 3 is a very slight high bounce MD

Books on Doubled Dies and Error Coins:
Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies" (PDF format)
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!" (PDF format)
Find both here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Edited by Crazyb0
01/16/2018 3:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3387 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Something to keep in mind if you are searching uncirculated rolls of 1973 cents. The designs used to make the 1973 cents, both obverse and reverse, were only used in 1973. So there will be small differences all over the coin compared to other years.

A good example of this is the extra large designer's initials on the reverse side, they were only like that in 1973.

Since 1973 cents have a unique design, I have been searching for a transitional error for that year, but nothing has been found. Most likely there isn't any, but I can still look!
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add piercethegrimes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is a comparison of a thinner IGWT and a thicker IGWT. not sure if the thinner is "normal" or extra thin for another reason.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3387 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Polishing the dies to remove clashes or other undesired marks, will cause the devices to be thinner on coins minted with a polished die.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05