Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Downloading PCGS Prices to an Excel spreadsheet?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
261 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  10:19 am Show Profile   Check einstem's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add einstem to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
All,

Is there a way to download the PCGS price guides to an Excel spreadsheet.

For example, I am looking at the Peace dollar PCGS Price guide at this link:

https://www.PCGS.com/prices/pricegu...+dollar

I would like to download this whole table to an Excel spreadsheet.

Anyone know a way to do that?

Regards,

Michael
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SelectCoinCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just click the right mouse button within the price list and "Export to Microsoft Excel". It takes a minute to load but works great for me.
Memberships: O.N.A & R.C.N.A
South Wellington Coin Society
Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  11:49 am  Show Profile   Check einstem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add einstem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, I don't see that option when I right-click the mouse. I only see "Back", "reload", "Save", "Print", "Adobe" and a few other strange things. But no "Excel" option. Is that perhaps a special option on Macs (I'm on Windows) or from some other software?

Michael
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SelectCoinCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the large screen shot but this is what my options look like. You can always highlight the fields you want and copy and paste, just do not use "Keep Source Formatting" or it will turn into a mess, you want the data only.

Learn More...
United States
55813 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe Microsoft Office integrates with IE to allow that. Not going to work with Firefox or Chrome.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
849 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Export to Excel" looks like it's only in Internet Explorer.

The closest I could come is:
* Click "Print" at upper right. That will show the price guide in a new page without all the graphics.
* On this page, do "Select All" (Ctrl-A, or pick that from the Edit menu) then "Copy" (Ctrl-C, or from the Edit menu)
* Go to Excel, and "Paste" (Ctrl-V, or from the Edit menu) into a new spreatsheet

You'll have to do a lot of manual cleanup in Excel, but all the numbers are there.
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (62-63, four to go), US type (Bust era). What next...?

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Learn More...
United States
55813 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would just stoop to doing the export in IE since it allows it.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SelectCoinCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I believe Microsoft Office integrates with IE to allow that. Not going to work with Firefox or Chrome.

Good to know, I didn't realize other providers didn't offer such a thing, thanks for clearing that up!
Learn More...
United States
55813 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome.

Microsoft makes both Office and Internet Explorer. I would be shocked if they did not integrate this way.

Chrome and Firefox may have had an Office plugin at one time, but they have both deprecated their API that would have allowed it (too many security issues).

For what it is worth, I opened up the PCGS page in IE and I have those options.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couple different options.

If you just want to save the data as a reference, you can "save as PDF" using the PRINT icon on the top right of the PCGS screen.

If you are not using Explorer browser, but have Office 2013 or above, you can just do copy & paste.

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Edited by Coconutjoe
01/18/2018 1:40 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14659 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Copy paste is pretty easy, and allows transfer to your own table. You can pick just what you want, rather than the whole table.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Microsoft makes both Office and Internet Explorer. I would be shocked if they did not integrate this way.

Well .... Microsoft makes the Edge browser as well and it can't import the webpage data into Excel. I suspect this "feature" was eliminated due to potential security flaws.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05