Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Morgan 1890 CC Vam 3 Repunch Date MS 64 Cameo DMPL

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  03:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add e135md to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My Dad left me Bunch of Morgan dollars

He left me this one
Said it was special and I got it graded
Any idea if rare or what it is worth

Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin! Try the sold sections of eBay, Heritage, Great Collections to see what they are trading for to get an idea of value.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” - George Santayana
"When angry count to ten. If very angry, count to one hundred." - Thomas Jefferson
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius

Edited by JJuliano
01/30/2018 07:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5573 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That's a spectacular coin. Look at sold prices on eBay and Heritage to get an idea of value.
To get the best price you will want to have it graded by PCGS or NGC.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23718 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. She's a beauty. $3310 for a regular one. Checked the bay,no luck.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
01/30/2018 09:21 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1428 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2018  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check twohawks's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is an NGC MS-63 on the E Bay for $949.00 that is not a PL or DMPL, PCGS price guild has the retail price in their holder at 3,250.00 for a DMPL in MS-64. The VAM-3 isn't in any "book set" like the top 100, Hot 50 or Hit list 40 or the WOW set, and looking at past sales the VAM doesn't carry a common premium.

The coin looks great, should be at the top of the sheet value but coins of this caliber the ANACS hurts the marketability as would an NGC holder. Personally the grade looks right, but market value on higher value coins in other than PCGS holders seem to hammer for 12 to 20% less than PCGS sheet price or more.
"The Necessity of Procuring Good Intelligence is Apparent & Need not be Further Urged"
General George Washington
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05