Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 P LMC R.i.d.b. Unatributed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 572Next Topic  
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2018  10:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this nice R.I.D.B. while CRH last night.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2018  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find! It's in awesome condition as well!
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2018  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you E&V it's on the fence between AU and Bu! I only wish that the pictures could show that.
Learn More...
United States
16355 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@toot, I agree that this is a nice coin. Is that a partial fingerprint in the field in front of Lincoln's forehead? If so, I wonder if it is too late to remove it.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is that a partial fingerprint in the field in front of Lincoln's forehead? If so, I wonder if it is too late to remove it.

I didn't notice that! If it is it's not mine! I wear gloves
But I'm going to take a look at it now. If it is a fingerprint, what do you suggest? I don't think acetone takes off fingerprints but I've heard that rubbing alcohol does if it's caught soon enough.
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SF11Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find Toots!

Unfortunately, preserving it with pure acetone has never worked on removing fingerprints...nor anything else short of a dremmel.

I did a PSA on a previous post asking noobs not to eat Lay's potato chips and search coins with the same hand; the oil, grease and salt aren't helping the hobby.
Learn More...
United States
16355 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since it isn't super-fresh, I think that a soak won't likely do anything for that print unfortunately. On the plus side, it doesn't really detract too much from the coin IMHO.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys! I checked it out last night, it is a fingerprint. It's been soaking in acetone all night. I'll remove it shortly air dry it and stick it in a 2x2.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 572Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05