Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Found A Few 1968 Dimes But One Looks Different.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 632Next Topic  
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  05:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mtravao3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just coin hunting cause I can't sleep and I come across a few of the '68 Dimes. One looks different and I know it's probably a shot in the dark but I have to ask if anybody could tell if maybe any of them or worth looking into further.

Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They look like spenders to me.
Learn More...
United States
16415 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mtravao3, I agree that the bottom dime does look different (more wear, scratches, and perhaps a little corrosion), but I agree with @CT that you can safely spend it.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SF11Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16665 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bottom one looks like it was "cleaned up" at one time with an eraser.
Gary Schmidt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48945 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtravao3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everybody. I shall continue to push forward. Hoping that one day I'll finally find something of significance. Happy Hunting Friends!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5900 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was probably scrubbed with something abrasive. I have had coinstar machines reject coins with gunk on them; I just spend them when I check out, but maybe somebody had something to scrub it with handy?
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 632Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05