Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins Representing The Animal Kingdom.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,168 / Views: 84,575Next Topic
Page: of 145
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7936 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  05:56 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating coin, commems! I'd say the skull of a cow definitely counts.

My contribution today is a circulating (and circulated!) British two-pound coin showing Charles Darwin and an ape.

Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does the skull of a long-dead cow count?
I suppose it should!

Quote:
My contribution today is a circulating (and circulated!) British two-pound coin showing Charles Darwin and an ape.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Nice one - haven't seen that before
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5042 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

@NumisRob: Thanks for posting! From the first time I saw the coin, I've thought that it was among the most historically interesting dual-portrait coins ever struck.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/15/2021 07:28 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5042 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another eagle from the classic US commemorative series - this time the coin's reverse is the focus of attention.

The half dollar was issued to commemorate the centennial of Illinois' statehood (1818-1918). Illinois was the 21st state to join the Union.

1918 Illinois Statehood Centennial Half Dollar

Here are links to two previous posts of mine about the Illinois / Lincoln Half Dollar: 1918 Illinois Statehood Centennial Half Dollar and Lincoln's Portrait on the Illinois Half Dollar

My other posts on US commemorative coins can be found here: Read More: Commems Collection

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another eagle from the classic US commemorative series - this time the coin's reverse is the focus of attention.
A great example.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7936 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  06:37 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1995 Cuba 1 Peso FAO issue:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5042 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The eagle is a popular design element on US coins and such was definitely true for coins of the classic commemorative series.

Following up on my previous post of the 1918 Illinois Statehood Centennial half dollar, here's another statehood centennial coin that features an eagle as a prominent design element - the 1921 Alabama.

1921 Alabama Statehood Centennial Half Dollar - Plain Variety

1921 Alabama Statehood Centennial Half Dollar - 2x2 Variety

If you'd like to learn more about the two varieties of the coin, check out: 1921 Alabama Statehood Centennial - Plain and 1921 Alabama Statehood Centennial - 2X2.

If you'd like to learn about how a state that celebrated its centennial in 1919 got a commemorative coin dated "1921" - check out: A 1921 Alabama Quarter.

For more US commemorative coins: Read More: Commems Collection

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5042 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1995 Cuba 1 Peso FAO issue:

The font used on the reverse of the coin reminds me of the font used back in 1953 for Cuba's Jose Marti commemorative peso...

and the 1952 50th Anniversary of the Cuban Republic commemorative coins:

Edited by commems
01/17/2021 9:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4225 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice run of coins commems.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5042 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about another eagle on a classic US commemorative half dollar?

The subject here is the Arkansas Statehood Centennial Half Dollar. the commemorative half-dollar struck to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Arkansas being admitted to the Union as the 25th state in 1836. It was struck annually from 1935 to 1939.

1935-39 Arkansas Statehood Centennial Half Dollar

To learn more about this coin: 1935 Arkansas Centennial Half Dollar.

To read more about the Arkansas coins and the other US commemorative coins: Read More: Commems Collection.

Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Superb frontal view!
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about yes!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7936 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  10:04 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1966 Norway 50 ore:
Edited by NumisRob
01/19/2021 10:06 am
Page: of 145 Previous TopicReplies: 2,168 / Views: 84,575Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05